fifteen

August 8th, 1990Los Angeles, California

August 8th, 1990
Los Angeles, California

"ugh" i moaned, rolling out of bed. i still wasnt a morning person. i smelt something good though which meant tommy was still here. it was a bonus too, i didnt have to make breakfast.

i wandered out of my room and to the kitchen where tommy stood. he flipped a pancake before turning around to be faced with me. "morning" he smiled, making me smile too. he seemed to be in a much better mood.

"morning" i returned, going to the fridge to grab the milk. "i see you're making breakfast" i spoke, filling up the glass with the milk. "figured i'd repay you by letting me stay here" he shrugged, putting two pancakes onto each of our plates.

he put a few slices of bacon as well as some cut up strawberries onto the plates. "you didnt have to do that" i giggled, gladly taking the plate from him. my stomach was grumbling.

"i know, but i wanted to" he smiled. "well i appreciate it, and this is amazing" i nodded, taking the first bite after submerging the pancakes in syrup. "thanks, i finally got some chef skills" he joked.

"you always had them" i added, making my mind float back to years ago. "yeah.." he trailed off. way to ruin the mood elle! "so what are you getting up to today?" i asked, changing the subject.

"not sure, just gonna see how the day plays out. how about you?" he questioned. "i work a bit later" i smiled. tommy quickly cleaned off his plate before taking mine too when he finished.

"you dont have to clean up, i can do that" i chuckled. "i dont mind" he spoke, bringing them to the sink. i just nodded in content as my eyes drifted to the counter. the picture book of tommy and i sat there open.

well he was definitely looking through it. i didnt want to bring anything up and make him uncomfortable so i let it be. "you still play drums?" tommy questioned, turning to me as he dried the dishes.

"uh no, i got rid of my drum kit" i shook my head. "why?" he asked, his face softening. "just wasnt feeling it anymore i guess" i shrugged. most of it was tommy and i's breakup and the whole ashley situation.

"well if you ever wanna get into it again you know who to call" he smirked. "i'll keep that in mind" i giggled. once we got everything all cleaned up he decided he would head home.

"i enjoyed hanging out with you again" i confessed as we walked towards the front door. "i did too" he agreed. "i'll see you soon" tommy nodded before walking out the door and down the path to his car.

when he was out of sight, i went back into the house and to the spare bedroom. i cleaned up the room slightly and made it look the way it was before. he attempted to make the bed but it didnt fit my standards.

just as i was about to leave the room, i noticed slight residue of white powder sitting on the nightstand. i immediately knew it was coke. the boys were trying to make an effort to get clean, but seemed like tommy wasnt trying that hard.

i shook it off and returned to the kitchen where the picture book laid. i looked through a few pages before closing it. i didnt want to admit i got emotional whenever i looked through there. i'd just sound stupid.

later that day, i headed off to work at the whisky. i was genuinely so happy nikki got me this job, because i absolutely loved it. serving drinks and listening to live music? sounds like a good time, and it is.

i'd always run into people i knew, but this one particular night metallica was playing a small show. sure they sold stadiums, but they still played smaller venues sometimes.

i was a huge fan of their music, and i had a few of their albums. one of their cassettes sat in my purse in the back room. so while i had the chance, i tucked it into my pocket as well as a sharpie.

that way, if i got the chance to talk to them i could ask them to sign it.

the whisky was sold out, which meant i was sure to be busy all night. i didnt mind too much though...since i'd be raking in all the tips. it was me and one other bartender, but i knew the motto. "the more skin you show, the more tips you make."

as the night went on, metallica finished their show and disappeared in the back for a bit. then they returned back out front to sign some autographs before ultimately settling at the bar in front of me.

"four beers, please" james spoke, nodding his head towards me. "coming right up" i smiled, moving to the cooler to grab the beers. i set them all on the counter before popping all the tops off in less than 5 seconds.

"damn" lars spoke, admiring what i had done. i quickly chuckled it off and james was quick to pass a 50 dollar bill. "keep the change" he smirked, making me blush ever so slightly.

i decided to let them relax for a little before asking to sign my cassette, since fans were still kind of bombarding them. but it was a lot more quiet than it was earlier.

a familiar curly haired guitarist appeared in the room. he and i made eye contact before i continued to serve customers. "hey slash" james greeted, as they did a little bro hug.

"hey elle, what you doing here?" slash asked, turning his attention towards me. "moved back here" i shrugged, practically running back and forth to get drinks made.

i heard quiet chatter, and i knew they were talking about me...i hoped it was only good things though. "elle come here" slash yelled slightly, as i slid a couple dollar bills into my bra.

"whats up?" i asked, going over to the boys. "you told me you were a big fan of metallica a few years ago" slash spoke. my eyes widened slightly and my cheeks definitely turned dark red.

"you're a big fan?" lars smirked. "yeah" i confirmed. "whats your favourite album so far?" kirk proceeded to ask. "definitely kill em all" i smiled. "which i actually have the cassette and was wondering if you could sign it" i added.

i pulled the cassette out of my pocket and placed it on the bar top. "of course!" kirk exclaimed, taking the tape and sharpie into his hands. he passed it along the line and soon enough all four of their autographs were there.

i tucked it back into my pocket and was quick to thank them. as i looked up at slash he sent a wink and i sent him a smile back. fuck, i was so happy right now.