Chapter 25-Decorating

"Nick, be careful" I pleaded as he climbed the ladder to get to the attic for the Christmas tree.
"I can climb a ladder!" He called, his body disappearing as he stood up.
I heard his footsteps above me in the attic from the hallway as he clambered around for the decorations. Pepsi circled my legs before putting her front paws on second step up, sniffing the air for where Nick went. I pat her head as I heard shuffling.
"Take this" Nick said, handing me a box.

We carried on passing a few more boxes down until we had to try manoeuvre the tree down.
"How the hell are we going to do this?" I asked, Nick's head peeking out from the attic.
"Umm, with difficulty?" He offered as we both smiled.
"Okay, just pass it down to me slowly" I called as the tree appeared.
Grabbing the front of the tree, I pulled it down slowly and dragged it down.
"Can you get down?" I asked with a teasing tone.
"Yeah, yeah" he waved off, turning to climb down.

He skipped the last step, jumping down and facing me. I pressed a short kiss to his lips before pulling away.
"Come, on. Put those muscles to use" I teased, squeezing his bicep gently.
"You know I put them to good use" he retorted with a wink before moving away to pick up a box.

****
"That was effort" I panted as I moved away from the tree we just put up.
The tree was pretty big and literally almost put my back out. I had little to no muscles.
"It's just your weak arms" Nick playfully called, appearing from behind the tree.
I stuck my tongue out like a child as he grinned, pressing a light kiss to my cheek as he walked past. He started digging through a box on the couch, producing tinsel, baubles and lights. I sat on the arm, leaning over as he brought some white baubles out.

We got started decorating, mostly Nick directing me where to put things.
"So, Christmas presents. Did you get them sorted?" I asked, watching Nick hang up some candy cane baubles.
"Of course. You'll have to wait till tomorrow though," he sang, "also. My parents are coming to Kevin's tomorrow with us"
"That'll be lovely" I smiled.
We were having Christmas at Kevin and Danielle's since Dani was an amazing cook. Plus, myself and Nick didn't have time to plan a dinner with tour. Then the day after, we were having a meal at my sisters with my parents, although we'll probably be hung over.

"I'm gonna make some hot chocolate. You want some?" I asked, leaning my head against his shoulder from behind.
"Yeah, thanks baby" he whispered, turning his head and kissing my temple.
Wandering off, Pepsi galloped behind clearly expecting a treat.
"Oh, don't look at me like that" i whined to the dog as she gave me pleading eyes.
As I made the drinks, I gave the German Shepard a few treats. After all, it's Christmas.

"The tree looks beautiful babe" I said as I walked back into the room, setting the mugs down.
"Thanks," he began as he spun to face me, "i love decorating. It's just so relaxing"
I smiled lightly, sitting on the couch for a small break. We'd decorated the tree but there was still a few other things to throw around. It seemed slightly pointless because they'd only be up for a few days but we were both kids at heart. If it wasn't for tour, it wouldn't have been so hectic and we would've decorated sooner.

****
"You've done an amazing job Nick" I whispered, leaning into his side as we drank our third cup of hot chocolate.
Everywhere was strung up with Christmas decorations, which I knew he loved.
"Don't give me all the credit" he shrugged with a grin.
I rolled my eyes, leaning over pecking his lips.
"I can't believe it's Christmas already. Next month is our one year" I stated absentmindedly.
"A year already?" He asked with a soft smile.
I met his eyes as I sipped my hot chocolate, just getting lost in his eyes.
"Don't sound so shocked," I began, "though I must congratulate you for lasting this long"
Balancing my mug on my lap, I clapped before he grabbed my wrists gently.
"You're not the worst all the time, you know?" He inquired sarcastically.
"What do you mean all the time?" I asked, a mock glare on my face.
"Nothing, darling," he defended quickly, "I love everything about you..."
"But?" I questioned.
"You could be a little tidier" he whispered as I gasped.
"I'm not even that bad!" I defended myself as he laughed.

(A/N): this was a really short chapter sorry. It's been sat as a draft for weeks but something needed to be put out