Chapter 12-Sick

I smiled at Nick's comment in the dressing room, missing him

I smiled at Nick's comment in the dressing room, missing him. He's been in New York for the past few days doing interviews for sucker. Jonas brothers being back was huge, every young female adult who followed them as teenagers were ecstatic. The video did so well and got amazing feedback, the boys were thrilled. Nick has gotten back late last night from the interviews so I haven't seen him yet.
"What's love treating you like?" Paul asked, slamming his whole body weight next to me on the couch.

"Pretty good" I said nonchalantly.
It wasn't just pretty good, I was full blown in love with Nick Jonas.
"Scaling it down a bit. Nat's told me you're in love. Undying love" Paul teased as I rolled my eyes.
"It's not a romance novel but yes I love him" I replied as Ian perched on the arm of the couch next to me.
"That's good for you Lizzie. We thought you'd never find anyone" Ian joined in, both of them laughing.
"Ian only got married a few years ago. We thought he'd be alone to!" I exclaimed, taking the focus off of me.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, indicating a text as the pair carried on teasing. I stood up, letting the pair carry on their conversation.
"I know we promised to spend time together but I'm really ill baby, I'm sorry"
A text from Nick. I worried when he was ill, even before we were dating. Because of his diabetes, if he was throwing up it could make his levels drop and could be dangerous.
"Are you throwing up?" I sent back.
"Yeah but I'll be fine don't worry"

I looked up to Ian and Paul, grabbing my bag.
"I'm gonna head out. Nick's sick so I'm gonna see if he's alright" I told the pair as they got up and hugged me goodbye.
I stepped out, saying goodbye to the photographer and some other people who helped on set. Sliding into my car, I slipped my phone out of my pocket.
"I'm coming over to see you"
"Lizzie it's alright honestly. I think it's a cold I don't want you to catch it"
"Don't care Nicolas, you can't stop me. Love you 😘 "
"Fine. Love you too"

Time Skip
It was a short drive to Nick's house, the streets were relatively clear since it was a Monday. Walking up to the apartment, I avoided most people. They didn't need to see me in public. Although I'm pretty sure some paps got pictures outside. They knew Nick lived in this beautiful apartment block, but the staff here never let any of them through. That was a good thing. I unlocked the door with the key Nick gave me a few weeks ago, stepping in. It was pretty quiet.

Nick's apartment was modern, not too big but not too small

Nick's apartment was modern, not too big but not too small. A brown wooden floor with a corridor that led to a living room with a conjoined kitchen. I walked around the island in the kitchen to the small hallway that held the bedrooms, Nick's and a spare with a door to the bathroom.

I opened the bedroom door, greeted with darkness with only a table lamp on

I opened the bedroom door, greeted with darkness with only a table lamp on. The curtains were drawn over the huge windows, as the tv had some pointless show on, stood at the foot of the bed on the table (instead of the footstool at the bottom it's a table unlike the picture)

Nick turned onto his other side to look at me.
"How's my baby doing?" I asked softly, kneeling next to the bed so our faces were level.
I stroked his hair softly as he groaned.
"Not good" he replied softly.
I put the back of my hand against his forehead, feeling it burning up.
"You're burning up" I mumbled.
"Is that suppose to be a joke?" He asked rhetorically, putting his hand over his mouth as he coughed.
I smiled to myself, unknowingly making a pun.

I noticed that lots of tissues were scattered on the floor, crumpled and used. Blankets were wrapped around Nick and he was actually wearing a shirt in bed, which was uncommon.
"It was unintentional. Let me get you some water. Have you checked your levels?" I questioned, knowing how important it was.
"Maybe half an hour ago after I threw up?" He asked more than told me.
I nodded, knowing it needed checked again. I grabbed his device  off the desk that allowed us to check his levels.

I quickly checked the device, showing his levels were normal for the time being, maybe a little lower than usual but nothing dangerous.
"Alright it's fine. Maybe have something small to eat at least though" I said as Nick nodded, pulling the blankets further up himself.
"It's so cold in here" He whined, cocooning himself in the blankets more.
"Give me a few minutes and I'll get into bed" I told him, looking through the wardrobe for some comfortable clothes.
I found one of Nick's shirts and some sweat pants to wear.

I left to the bathroom to quickly take my makeup off and change. Afterwards, I got a glass of water and a bit of toast to try make Nick eat. I walked back in, placing the water down on the table.
"Baby, can try eat for me?" I coaxed gently, helping him sit up.
I walked around the other side, getting into bed next to him. I ran my hand through the hair near the base of his neck, something I knew he found it relaxing. Nick ate half of the piece of toast then disregarded the plate onto the bedside table. It made me feel better knowing he at least ate something.

"Are you sure you want to stay? You could catch something" Nick said gently.
"It's fine, I couldn't leave you alone like this" I told him, kissing his cheek.
Nick settled back into the covers, pulling me down with him.
"You're amazing you know?" Nick mumbled tiredly, resting his head against my chest.
His broad arms wrapped around my waist, probably to get more warmth.
"I know" I replied, kissing his head.
It didn't take long for Nick to fall asleep after I switched on Netflix. I decided to just binge Brooklyn nine-nine. Because why not?

A got through a lot episodes as Nick stirred every now and then. I checked his levels frequently, making sure he was good. If not then the pod shot some insulin in, but he didn't even move when that happened. I had just text my sister, Natasha, to look after Pepsi for the night when Nick awakened from his slumber.
"What time is it?" He asked wearily.
"4:45...are you feeling better?" I asked sympathetically.
"A little. You didn't have to stay, you know?" He muttered, lifting his head to meet my gaze.
"Yeah but I wanted to. I haven't seen you in a couple of days and I can't leave you sick" I said, rubbing soothing circles against his back.

He smiled gently, although I knew he felt guilty about making me stay here.
"This is the type of stuff normal people Nick" I said, feeling his temperature with my hand.
It seemed to be slightly less than earlier.
"You're still hot" I carried on.
"I can't help that one" he joked as i smiled, kissing his cheek.

(A/N):Feel free time comment ideas you have for the two.