Chapter 18-High

August 15th

"I've missed you so much" I cooed as I sat on the floor, Pepsi licked my face and wagged her tail

She was just over a year old now, not fully grown but pretty big now.
"The girls have loved her. She's a delight" Dani said, sitting down and rubbing the dogs coat.
"Oh well done baby" I cooed as the dog padded off and brought her rope bone.
"How long are you back in LA?" Dani asked as I pulled the other end of the bone for Pepsi.
"Three days then back to my home state of Las Vegas, thus ending the American leg" I cheered as Dani chuckled.

Time Skip
I curled up on the couch, drinking my hog chocolate. We just finished a show a few hours ago so I decided to come home and relax. It was currently eleven, I should probably go to bed soon. It was quiet in the house, unusually quiet. Pepsi was still with Dani since there was no point bringing her home since it would confuse her and Nick was touring. Brendon was spending time with Sarah, his wife, while he had time.

My phone buzzed incessantly next to me. Nick's context lit up my screen. He was in Washington, three hours ahead. Why wasn't he asleep?
"Hey baby, what's got you awake so late?" I questioned sweetly.
"Going through a high. I couldn't sleep but it'll pass" he dismissed.
I grew increasingly worried in case it was worse than he was letting on.
"Are you gonna be alright on your own?" I asked.
"Yeah...yeah I'll be fine. I'm just a bit restless and thirsty" he muttered.
"I know you know what you're doing just...be careful," I told him.
"It's comforting knowing you worry" he said with a breathless chuckle.
"I do try. What time is it over there anyway?" I asked, trying to keep his mind off of his blood sugar.
I knew he grew irritable and restless like this so I just decided to change the topic.
"Umm...it's -...two" he stumbled between words.

"Try get some sleep soon babe or you'll be even more tired and cranky" I half teased, half told the truth.
"Alright Mom" he teased back as I rolled my eyes.
"What was tonight's show like?" I questioned, taking a sip of my hot chocolate.
"Amazing. It just feels surreal" he said, that fond smile I could imagine coming over his face, "it just feels like all those arguments were so pointless"
"Not to be cheesy but in ways it has made your brotherly bond stronger" I told Nick, standing up and dumping my cup in the sink.
I shuffled through the house, turning lights off as we carried on our mindless chatter.

"I saw the picture with Pepsi. She's so big now" Nick said, a fondness to his tone.
He loved her so much, she was truly like his child.
"I know. I've missed her so much but Dani and the girls love taking care of her" I replied, walking into my bedroom.
I went out to the balcony, sitting on one of the chairs that were out there.
"We'll be home before you know" He said, pausing to drink in the background.
"I'm still upholding you to moving" I said, leaning my head against the chair.
"You know it darling. I'm not backing out from that one" he told me as I laughed slightly.
"Wouldn't want you to"

We sat and talked for at least half an hour before I ushered Nick off to bed.
"It's just four days" i reminded him.
"Yeah and then you'll leave again in a week" he whined like a child.
"Nicolas it's two days" I said with a sigh.
"Can't I just come to England with you? I don't have any shows for those two days..." he trailed off.
"You know I love you but it'll make everything so much harder. You've got a show on the 27th so there's no way you'll make it back" I explained, sounding like a mother speaking to a child.
He huffed as I smiled, running my hands through my hair.
"Stop always being right" he complained.
"It can't be helped," I shrugged, "now go to bed or you'll be In a shit mood tomorrow" I told him strictly.
"Yeah...again, right. I'll see you in four days" he muttered sweetly.
"Love you..."
"Love you too"

We hung up, leaving me back to the silence and darkness. I looked out to LA, smiling slightly. The lights of the city looked beautiful. I was excited to move in with Nick, starting something new.