Chapter 13-You Know I'd Do The Same

"I know you've been celebrities since the dawn of time, but do you seriously not have any skills?" I asked with a pitiful sigh.
"Hey i asked you over here to help not stand and commentate" Kevin said as he and Joe tried to fix the few broken panels in the fence in Kevin's backyard.
"Technically Danielle asked me here to, and i quote, 'save her from the incompetence'" I told them as i Sophie came up to stand beside me.
"Soph, can't you be the best wife and help?" Joe asked sweetly as she laughed.
"No chance Joseph, you offered to show how much of a 'man' you are" She replied.
I laughed slightly at Joe trying to prove his manliness, whilst failing.

To be honest, Dani had invited us over for a little get together to celebrate the new album for the Jonas Brothers and Panic! And encourage Kevin to fix the fence he's been meaning to do for months. I was a bit lonely as well since Nick was abroad for the past four weeks filming for the second Jumanji movie. He was coming over to Danielle and Kevin's in a couple of hours, which excited me. Although getting the final touches for my album was time consuming enough. Happiness Begins was released three days ago on the 7th of June whereas Panic!At The Disco's was set to release in twelve days on the 22nd.

Although i hated being away from Nick, i think it was good. It was good to see how we would cope long distance, after all, it has been five months since we got together and we hadn't been this far from each other for so long before. With my tour coming up in a month, 11th of July, and the Jonas Brothers one on the 7th of August, we needed this time. We were doing fairly well. Texting and calling most nights, even if it's just checking up on each other or having two minute long phone calls. It was sweet. He had to get up early hours of the day to film all day but he still made time. I knew tour would be different, times would be so much harder just purely because of how hectic it'll be. Sound checks, meet and greets, the actual performances, basic human needs.

"Lizzie! Come here!" Danielle called from the kitchen after half an hour of watching them try to our up the fence.
"Yeah coming!" I yelled, watching Sophie laugh as Joe nailed Kevin's sleeve onto the fence by accident.
"Joe take it out! It's gonna rip my shirt!" Kevin yelled hysterically as I walked away.
I walked into the kitchen, seeing Dani stood over the counter.
"What's up?" I asked, looking at some of the food she had prepared.
I stole a brownie, chewing the pure bliss. God she was an amazing cook.
"I've got a present for you" she hummed, a happy smile covering her face.
I tilted my head, her smile getting bigger.
"Should I be worried?" I questioned.
"Nope. Go see, in the living room" she ushered.
"Fine, fine" I said, exasperated.

I walked into the living room, seeing someone stand by the fireplace looking at the pictures.
"Nick?" I asked, a smile lighting up on my face.
"Hey darling-" he started but I cut him off, giving him a kiss.
Nick jumped slightly but wrapped his arms around my waist easily. He kissed back without missing a beat.
"You told me you wouldn't be here for another few hours" I mumbled, nuzzling my nose against his.
I didn't realise how much I missed him until I was back in his arms.

"When you mentioned the little get together I asked Dani to keep it a secret that I was coming earlier to surprise you" he replied, running his hand through my hair.
I couldn't stop myself smiling, how would I be away from him for months?
"God, I love you" I murmured, running my hand over his cheek affectionately.
"I love you too" he whispered, dipping me slightly and kissing me.
I giggled against his lips, pushing him up gently.
"Very romantic," I teased, pulling him into the kitchen, "you need to watch this"

I pulled Nick into the kitchen, going to the glass door that led to the yard. There Joe and Kevin were, still trying and failing to get the fence up.
"Oh jeez" he whispered.
"It's been a mess for the last hour" Dani complained as we looked over to her.
Nick and Danielle hug each other shortly before we stepped outside.
"Need help?" Nick called to his older brothers.

Time Skip
It was amusing to see the younger brother help the two older ones. But it actually got done with Nick's help. We were gathered around a bonfire that, surprisingly, the brothers did themselves with little difficulty. We were all gathered around on chairs, the six of us joined at the hip with our partners. It was quiet, which Kevin and Danielle seemed to enjoy since the girls were with Dani's mom.

Nick's arm was draped around my shoulders, a bottle of beer in his other hand.
"So how was filming?" Kev asked, directing his question towards Nick.
"Hectic. It was nice seeing the cast again. I had to get on a horse though" he admitted.
"A horse?" Joe asked before laughing.
We all shortly joined in on the laughter as Nick rolled his eyes.
"It kicked me off and bruised my side" he grumbled.
This made Joe laugh more as I pouted patronisingly are Nick.

He looked over at Joe, glaring. I leant my head on Nick's shoulder as he sipped his bottle.
Everyone carried on exchanging stories, Danielle and Kevin talking about the kids and Joe and Sophie talking about game of thrones and other filming she's doing.
"So have you got more promos to do?" I asked Nick quietly as the other four engaged in a conversation I zoned out of.
"A bit but tours first, isn't it?"'he asked.
I nodded, sinking my head back onto his shoulder.
"Yeah. How will I cope five months without you?" I asked.
July until November. I didn't even realise it would be that long. The Jonas Brothers tour was five months, August until December. We had some breaks between so we promised that we'd go out to see each other at least once a month for a few days.

Nick smiled sadly, kissing the side of my head.
Reality seemed to hit him that it would be that long. Four weeks was long enough never mind five months.

Time Skip
Nick shut the door to his apartment behind me, sighing in relief to be home.
"I'm so ready to sleep" Nick declares as I kicked my shoes off.
I hummed in agreement absentmindedly.
"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.
"I guess reality just hit me that it'll be five months" I mumbled as Nick gently brushed my hair from my neck.
"I know it's a long time but I promise it'll fly in. we've got a month together till then" he mumbled against my ear, kissing gently.

I was a bit scared? Five months was the same length we've been dating for. Long distance famously doesn't work, what if he meets someone new on tour? I felt tears brim my eyes as I turned and buried my face into his chest. His hand gently ran through my hair in comfort.
"What's wrong Lizzie?" He whispered sympathetically.
"I'm just...worried that something will happen that'll ruin this...us" I mumbled.
Nick brought my eyes to his, cupping my cheek in his warm hand.
"Elizabeth...I love you. So much. I can't put it into words how much I do. You don't need to worry" he reassured as I wiped my eyes, nodding.

"Thanks...god it's stupid that I'm worrying" I chuckled as Nick kissed my forehead.
"It's not. I understand you're worries, I'm a catch" he teased as I giggled slightly.
I probably looked like a mess compared to him right now but the way he was looking at me made me feel like the only girl in the world.
"Let's go to bed, I feel drained" I mumbled as Nick cupped my face, kissing my forehead tenderly.
"I'd drop anything if you needed me" he reassured, smiling warmly.
"I know, it makes me love you more," I replied as his smile widened, "you know I'd do the same"