Chapter 24-Takeout

I watched as Nick packed up some of the last boxes, getting ready to move them later today with his brothers help.
"Oh my god..." he whispered with a fond smile.
"What?" I asked, moving on the floor next to him to see what was in his hands.
"It's an old photo of me with my grandad" Nick whispered.
I looked at the old, slightly worn picture of Nick as a kid, maybe eleven or twelve with an old man and his two brothers.
"I can see the resemblance" I whispered, leaning on my knees next to him.
"He always encouraged us to sing with him, even when he got sick" He smiled fondly.
Tears sprung to his eyes as I ran my hand through his hair.
"I'm sure he's proud of you" I told him gently.
"Yeah...I'll have to show this to Joe and Kevin" Nick replied, wiping the tears out of his eyes with the back of his hand.

I pressed a kiss to his temple as he lay the photo down.
"How much have you got left?" I asked, looking over a few bits and pieces laying across the table.
"Not a lot. Get the boxes done today and move any furniture either to yours or to storage tomorrow" he responded.
"Great" i beamed, pressing a short but sweet kiss to his lips.
"Excited?" He laughed between the series of short kisses.
"Yeah. I haven't lived with someone else in years. It's lonely" I responded as I stood up.
Holding my hands out for Nick, he took them and stood up, pressing his lips to mine shortly.

****
"Geez, what's in here? Rocks?" Joe asked, putting the box down.
"Don't ask me," I shrugged, "Nick's boxes"
Joe groaned, arching his back whilst clicking it as I winced. The sound went right through me.
"You've earned a break Joseph" I teased, messing up his hair as he sighed.
"Don't touch. This perfection takes time" he huffed, fixing his hair as I laughed.
"I can see why Sophie married you" i responded.
"You had your chance" he teased, dramatically doing a fake hair flip.

Rolling my eyes, Kevin, Nick and Sophie walked in with boxes, setting them down.
"Can't believe you grew a pair and asked" Joe remarked as Nick walked over.
"Well it was about time we took the next step," he whilst pressing a short kiss to my temple, "that's the last boxes"
"Great. I'll order takeout" I announced, Joe and Sophie both cheering.
"I'll have to get back to Dani and help with the kids, but we'll take you up on the offer some other time" Kevin replied as he hugged everyone goodbye then left.
"Oooh...what're we getting?" Sophie asked, sitting on her knees and playing with Pepsi.
"Chinese? Pizza?" I offered, sliding onto the couch next to where Sophie was on the floor.
"I'll eat anything if either of you two are paying" Joe said, looking at me and Nick.
"We'll pay, reward for your 'hard' labour" Nick responded with a grin.
"In that case, I could go for pizza" Joe said.

After ordering, Nick was looking through a few boxes that had been here for a few days as Sophie leaned against my legs on the floor. Pepsi was sniffing around the boxes, Joe rummaging through like an eager child.
"Aww, look! Baby picture of Nick!" He called excitedly as Nick groaned in protest.
"Let me see" I said with a smile, Joe jumping up and handing me the picture.
Sophie leant up, awwing with me at the picture as Nick blushed slightly.
"What's this? A baby photo of Joe?" Nick said, holding up a photograph.
"Oh! Give me!" Sophie exclaimed, seizing the photo and laughing.

****

I frowned lightly, seeing a lot of the comments

I frowned lightly, seeing a lot of the comments. I didn't know what I expected, it looked awful to anyone who knew nothing about it. I've always been used to the negative comments, at least for the past few years. At the start, it was hard because there was always the odd few who were rude.

Frowning lightly, I turned my phone over on the counter. We were getting ready for bed, Sophie and Joe having left half an hour ago. We'd drank a little and watched tv, just spending time with each other.
"Hey, what's wrong?" Nick asked, an empty bottle in his hand which he quickly disregarded on the kitchen counter.
He looked concerned as he stepped closer, his hand finding my waist. His touch was gentle, drawing me closer to him ever so slightly.
"You know what happened...I didn't want it to" I whispered, biting my lip.
"I know, angel. What's brought this up again?" He asked sincerely, his other hand cupping my face.
My eyes connected to his brown ones, making me melt slightly.
"Just some comments. It shouldn't bother me but...I can't help it" I mumbled, tears clouding my eyes.
"It's allowed to bother you, Lizzie. I've seen some but they aren't true. I love you. Don't forget that" he responded, gently wiping a tear from my cheek that I didn't know fell.
"I love you too" I whispered, resting my head in his neck.

Fatigue washed over me as Nick's arms circled my waist in a hug.
"Let's go to bed baby" he whispered, kissing my hair.
I nodded tiredly, his hand lacing through mine and guiding me into the bedroom. Pepsi followed eagerly, jumping onto the bed. Nick insisted that she stayed in here, even though I did offer to put her in the kitchen now he was here. I watched with a soft smile as he petted the dog who had curled up at the bottom of the bed.
"Sometimes I think you love her more" I remarked.
"You said it, not me" he responded as he striped off his shirt.
I went the wardrobe, grabbing one of his shirts that I liked to sleep in. It was slightly longer on me, reaching down to my mid thighs.

After us both using the bathroom, myself taking slightly longer because of my makeup that needed to be taken off, we got into bed.
"First night together" I said, rolling to rest my head against his bare chest.
"Mmhmm. It'll be so much easier," he began, "as long as you keep it clean"
I laughed slightly, knowing he was fully serious. He could be a clean freak sometimes, but the house always looked gleaming so I couldn't complain.
"Fine" I agreed as I leant up and pressed my lips to his.
I leant against my elbows over him, Nick's arms around the bottom of my back.
"We haven't even decorated for Christmas" Nick whispered between kisses.
"We'll do it tomorrow" I dismissed, only slightly aware it was two days till Christmas as I pulled his lips against mine again.
He laughed softly, a warm filling me at the sound. I wondered how this relationship didn't happened earlier. It felt perfect.

(A/N: Ideas for this book are welcome. Hopefully this isn't getting too boring. I'm also really proud of my manip)