Chapter 17-Murder

After taking some Advil and changing, we headed to Joe's room where Nat said they were dying. We knocked on the door, hearing groans of protest from behind the door. I looked to Nick as he shrugged. The door flung open, Kevin appearing.
"Thank god you're here. I think I'm about ready to kill them" he said, letting us inside.
Inside, Joe and Brendon were lying across the bed next to each other.
"You two look like shit" I said as Brendon rolled onto his stomach to block out the sun.
"Why didn't you stop us?" Joe whispered in pain.
"You are adults, you know?" Nick said.
"With the mentality of 15 year olds" Kevin added.
"And alcohol tolerance apparently" Nat chimed in.

"Come on breakfast ladies" I said.
"Do we have to?" Brendon whined, finally sitting up, with difficulty.
"Yes, yes you do. I'm hungry, come on" I complained.
"We know what workout caused that hunger" Nat said as I groaned.
"Someone got laid" Joe said as myself and Nick rolled our eyes.
"Yes and..?" Nick asked, sitting down.
"Is that why you're wearing a turtleneck? You're a bit marked-" I cut Joe off.
"Hush. No need to delve into our sex life" I dismissed as he laughed before groaning.
"Oh god, bad idea" he whined.
"Karma" I sang.

Time Skip
After dragging the pair out, we had breakfast then went our separate ways. Myself and Nick wanted some alone time, as best as we could get in public anyway. Kevin and Nat went to catch up and Joe and Brendon went to go die in their beds again. Serves them right.

"What do you want to do?" I questioned as we headed out of the restaurant where we had breakfast.
"How about we just take a walk?" He offered, slipping his hand into mine.
"Ok" I shrugged.
I didn't really care what we did, as long as we were together. Being away from each other for so long was hard and felt awful. Although your mind was taken off it while preforming, a lot of travelling happened that just left you with your thoughts.

Time Skip
"You know when you said walk, I thought you meant around the city?" I said, Nick turning and laughed slightly.
We were currently walking through a forest, that had a pretty good path, where there was nobody around.
"You're not planning on murdering me, are you?" I teased.
"If I was planning that then I wouldn't have waited so long" he shrugged, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"I don't know if that's a compliment or insult" I said as he smiled.
"Take it as either, i just thought we could go where there's no people" he carried on.
"No witnesses" I countered as he grabbed my hand, dragging me on.

"If I was going to murder you, trust me, it would've been before now" Nick said as we carried on.
"I'm going to ignore that comment" I told him.
He smiled, slinging his arm over my shoulder.
"I'm joking, you're perfect darling" he told me, kissing my cheek.
"Perfect?" I raised my eyebrow, finding that humorous.
Nick hummed before speaking.
"Well yeah...you're so funny, cute, smart, just drop dead gorgeous" he listed.
I smiled, looking away while my cheeks burnt from the blush. It was always different hearing someone tell you these things who weren't a fan. It was more...heartfelt? Probably because they saw everything else. They didn't just see the filtered photos and scripted acting. Especially Nick, he saw my ugly crying, my opinions I couldn't share with the public, my little outbursts of anger over nothing.

Nick pulled me to a stop as we got to a bridge.
"How do you know the perfect things to say to someone?" I questioned, leaning against the bridge rail on my elbows.
He shrugged, looking over the little stream beneath us.
"I just tell the truth" he replied nonchalantly.
I glanced away, not believing that for a second. Nick Jonas can't believe I'm perfect, that's ludicrous. That little nagging voice in my head told me.
"Somethings wrong, you're unusually quiet" Nick stated.
I could feel his gaze on me, making me slightly nervous.
"I just...I don't understand how you can say I'm perfect" I shrugged off like nothing.
"Granted...you've got a few flaws," Nick said, "but it makes me love you more" he cut me off.

My silence only made his concern grow. I didn't mean to, I just had these moments.
"What's going on baby?" He questioned.
I sighed, pushing my hair back from my face.
"You remember my ex, Rachael?" I asked as he nodded, "yeah well she was just using me for the fame, sleeping with this guy. Someone who actually worked for my record label"
I could feel Nick's sympathy that always made me want to punch someone. It was a hard time but I didn't need the sympathy.
"I didn't know..." he mumbled.
"Yeah not many people did...we kept it out the tabloids because it was only feeding her greed more. A lot of people hated her afterwards though without even knowing the story of what happened. They just knew one moment we were together...the next we weren't" I shrugged, a small smile playing at my lips at how lovely the fans were.

Obviously there were the negative ones, but majority blamed her fully. There were times I just wanted to tell the world to get her into more shit. Many fans beforehand could tell she was a gold digger but I ignored them, ignorance is bliss. I wish I had listened to them, it would've saved me months.
"Anyways, it stemmed a lot of insecurities and caused me not to date for a long time. I couldn't trust normal people in case they were like her and celebrities could be just be too much work, apart from you" I said with a small smile, trying to lighten the mood.
Nick gently turned my face to his, pressing a gentle kiss to my lips.
"You know she's completely wrong. How she ever let you get away is beyond me" Nick said, brushing his thumb over my cheek.
I stared into his brown eyes, his intense living look making me feel safe.
"Thanks Nick. I really do love you, you know?" I told him, leaning my forehead against his chest, fully moving into an embrace as his head rested against mine.
"Love you too Lizzie" he mumbled, kissing my head.
I sighed in content, running my hands along his back.

Time Skip
I was sat on the hotel room bed, watching Nick put little bits and pieces into a bag he brought for last night. I was miserable for a few reasons. One was that, obviously, Nick was leaving. Meaning I couldn't see him for another few weeks. On top of that, my feet were killing. Wearing boots was a bad idea, he could've warned me. Nick ended up having to carry me on his back which he didn't complain about at all, surprisingly. He said, and I quote, 'you're really light'. Complement I suppose.

"Do you have to go?" I whined like a child.
"I'm afraid I do babe. But you've got Nat on tour now" he said, shutting the bag.
"Yay me" I grumbled sarcastically as he laughed.
Nick leant down, pressing a short kiss to my lips.
"Come on, phones exist Elizabeth. You won't die" he reassured, pulling me up by my hands.
"I could Nicolas for all you know" I dramatised.
"Hypochondriac" he muttered playfully.

We left the room, heading down to the lobby to see Kevin and Joe, along with Nat and Brendon.
"You two done eating each other's faces?" Brendon asked.
"I mean, we could carry on here?" I offered.
"No...nope...no!" Natasha exclaimed as we both chuckled.
After a few minutes of small talk, it was time for the three to leave. I hugged Kevin and Joe, telling them to be safe and not get into trouble.
"Yeah mom" Joe dismissed before hugging the other two goodbye and leaving the lobby.
"See you in a few weeks," Nick said, hugging me, "I love you" he whispered quietly.
"Love you too" I told him, kissing his lips quickly.
It was the worst part, leaving. Being away from people was so hard, especially as I get a bit clingy sometimes.

Nick told the other two goodbye before leaving. I could see paparazzi outside from where joe and Kevin left.
"We're not that bad, are we?" Brendon asked.
"We're great, she's just depressed and clingy" Nat dismissed, the pair looping their arms through each other's.
I always forget how close those two are. Natasha saw a lot of Brendon since he's been my best friend since the start of high school. So he was in my house a lot as a teenager.
"You're awful" I joked.
"But you love us" Brendon said, hugging me as I whined in protest.
Natasha quickly joined, tackling us into the couch in the lobby.
"You dorks" I sighed, struggling to hide my smile.
One good thing about tour, I always had Brendon and a lot of the time my little sister.