Loretta's Diary: Entry 452

5.00pm

Daniel's losing it, again. He comes back to his foster home high nearly every time I visit after he's done school, and today's no better.

It's his birthday. Their birthday.

His foster parents were called into the school's office today, because he started three fights throughout the day. He ended up being sent back to the group home, and now I'm here, looking out the window, watching him sit in the rain.

He's seventeen now. Shouldn't I know how to handle a seventeen year old boy? I knew why he goes off the deep end, not that it's any secret.

Carter's been gone for over eight years now, and sometimes I wish he would punish me, and yell at me. Because I failed to keep my promise. To keep them together.

Please, lord. Help this boy, because if I can't figure out how soon, I'm afraid this will only be the beginning to his horrible end.

11.00pm

Light bulb.

Light. Freaking. Bulb.

Daniel has so much potential, anyone with eyes could see that. His art, despite being dark, is amazing and clearly showcases his talent.

He just needs motivation to succeed.

He's a junior in high school now. His marks matter for his future, but lord knows he doesn't care about that.

He cares about Carter. Finding Carter.

Yes, it may be completely selfish to twist his hopes on reuniting with the girl, but I'm desperate for a solution. If I get Daniel to clean up his act in hopes with reuniting with Carter, it should work, right?

It has to. It has to.

I'm not giving up on this boy. Not yet. Whether he likes it or not.