tonight

It had been a week since he came back home. Taehyung was resting on his bed with the stuffed tiger he received from Luna.

Luna.

He hadn't talked to her since he left the hospital, and he wanted to talk to her. Not on the level of patient and doctor but on the level of a friend to a friend.

She wouldn't mind if he gave her a call and came for a visit, right? She was his friend, wasn't she?

Taehyung pulled out his phone and decided to give her a call. Luckily he got her number for Jungkook the day he got home, so he didn't need to go out and ask one of them.

You're going to do it tonight, Taehyung. Tonight, the real you will come out. Tonight.

Pressing the contact, Taehyung brought the phone to his ear and waited for her to answer.

"Hello?" A vile smirk grew on his face the minute her voice filled his ears. "Hello, Luna. It's Taehyung. I got your number from Jungkook the other day, and I finally decided to give you a call."

"Oh, hey, Taehyung. How are you? What's up?" He could hear the sound of pages turning in the background. "I'm doing alright. Are you at work?" She hummed in response. "Yeah, I have some new patients, so I'm looking through their folders right now. I'm glad you're doing good. How's the medication treating you? Are you taking them regularly?"

See, she used you.

"Yeah, I've been taking them regularly, and I've had no problems with them. I'm going to need a new pack soon, though. Anyway, I was wondering when you're free? I'd like to come and visit you. As a friend, not as your patient."

Luna hummed in thought. "Tomorrow afternoon, I'm free. Is that alright with you?" "It's perfect, actually. Can I meet you at your place, though? I'm not ready to be in public yet."

It was true. The entire two weeks Taehyung had been back, he hadn't gone anywhere except the nearby park. Even when he was at the park, he'd hide his face with a mask. "That's alright. I'll send you my location and see you around two pm," Luna said, and he nodded. "

"Alright, see you tomorrow."

No, tonight

Taehyung was about to put his phone away when he got a text.

Luna:

Here's my location ************, see you tomorrow :)

"Oh, she doesn't live far from here. I know this area." He told himself as he began to respond to her text.

Taehyung:

Thanks. See you tomorrow.

Tonight

-

Taehyung threw his backpack over his shoulder and put on his mask. He looked himself in the mirror with no expression on his face. "21" Was all he said before turning away from the mirror and walking out of his room.

"Where are you off to?" Namjoon asked as he saw his brothers figure making its way towards the door. "Out," he opened the door and got out.

Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and averted his attention back to the tv.

Taehyung pulled out his phone and opened the chat he had with Luna to look at her location. It wasn't far. If he took a cab, he'd be there in less than twenty minutes.

But before he left for Luna's place, he was going to buy something to drink. He walked into a nearby convenience store and made his way to the back where the fridges were.

Picking a can of cold beer, he opened it and bought it to his lips, gulping down the cold liquid. "Tastes, good."

Taehyung took two more cans and made his way to the counter to pay. The cashier lazily scanned his drinks and checked his ID card before nodding. "Have a goodnight, sir." "You too," he let out a sigh as he made his way out of the store.

The streets were not as busy as they were the last time he remembered being out like this. Taehyung pulled his mask down and brought the open can to take another sip of the cold beer.

Tonight

𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆 | 𝗸𝘁𝗵 [ ✓ ]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें