her family gathering

Luna stood in front of her car. Staring at the large mansion that belonged to her aunt. Luna wasn't dressed in her usual doctor's clothes, but instead, she was in formal attire. A long black and elegant dress that hugged her curves.

She wasn't a fan of dressing up. But because this was a family dinner, she knew she had to. Luna tied her hair into a neat bun before grabbing her purse and walking to the door.

She had to somewhat make herself look expensive so she could fit in. Luna wasn't poor or anything like that. In fact, she was rich. Her job as a doctor at a mental institution/rehabilitation centre paid her very well.

Luna just didn't like to spend her money on luxurious and unnecessary things. She often felt left out whenever she attended family gatherings. All of them either lived in huge houses or were married. Some of her siblings were even expecting a child or seeing someone. They were the CEO of their own companies, models for famous brands.

And what was she? A doctor. Not that being a doctor wasn't a good thing. It was just compared to her cousins and siblings, Luna had the most basic job ever.

She greeted the butlers who bowed and opened the doors, allowing her to walk in. She walked through the familiar hallway to the dining room, where the rest of her family would be.

"Oh, look, Luna's here." Her mom said, getting up from her seat. "Luna!' Her aunt exclaimed, rushing to greet her niece. "Hello, Auntie Sarah," she greeted as he aunt pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Take a seat. We were just telling each other about how work is treating us. How's work at the hospital?" Her aunt asked as she led Luna to the empty seat beside her.

"It's going good, I suppose. I have a new patient." She explained. "And what's he like? Is he crazy?" Her aunt asked, and Luna chuckled and shook her head.

Luna loved her aunt. She was probably the only family member who was interested in how things were going at her work.

"I wouldn't say he's crazy. He just needs help getting on the right track. He's actually a really sweet person, except for when he threatens to kill you or tries to charge at you."

"I don't get why you decided to work at such a place and put your good looks to waste. Your own patient threatened to kill you, and apparently, he even tried to attack you! Who wants to work in a place like that?" Luna's mother exclaimed.

"Well, mom. I work there because I enjoy helping people. I want to change them and send them back to their homes as a new person. Why can't you just accept that this is what I've decided to do for the rest of my life? I've already done my seven-year course."

"I'm just scared honey, you never know what these people are capable of! What if his threats aren't just useless threats, huh? And he actually kills you?"

"Sure, this patient has a killed a few-" "Greats, he's killed someone," her mother interrupted, causing Luna to roll her eyes. "Working with him is different, yes. And he's killed some people, that I won't disagree to, but I'm sure he won't hurt me," she said. "He's shown some improvement, and he hasn't tried to harm me or threaten me for a while. I'll be fine. Why don't we just talk about Ara's new make-up line instead."

As she said all this, Luna wasn't ready for the days that were to come.