meet

Luna was seated in her car once again, driving to work. After she accepted Dr Lee's offer of having Mr Kim as her patient, he sent her home. Unfortunately for her, she was not given the option to stay in and come in later. He had asked her to be back at the hospital before nine.

Glancing at the time, she let out a sigh. It was just after seven-thirty. Luna could've woken up at this time, gotten ready for work, and she still would've been ready in time. Luna may have only gotten a few hours of sleep, but for some reason, she was excited to meet her new patient.

She was a devoted Doctor who had a passion for her job. She loved changing people's lives, being able to watch them visually and mentally improve. It was said Luna was different from the other doctors, and she was. Luna didn't treat her patients like patients. She'd create a bond with them and treated them more like her friends. Treating her patients like this helped and really contributed to their improvement.

She finally arrived and found a spot to park in. The rain from earlier this morning had stopped, and the sky above was clear and blue. Walking into the building, Luna was welcomed with the smell of cleaning products, air fresheners, hard work and dedication.

"Good morning Dr Lu," a doctor greeted as Luna walked past. She waved at him and greeted patients and doctors she'd pass, making her way to her office.

"Morning, Ms Lu. Dr Lee asked me to show you where the new patient's room is located. " Sana told her. Although Luna was a certified doctor and had a doctorate in psychology, she prefered to be called Ms Lu instead of Dr Lu.

Sana was a nurse who worked at the hospital. She was working under an internship while she wrote her final exams so that she could get her doctorate degree in nursing.

"Morning, Sana." Luna greeted, and they began to walk to the elevator. "What floor is he on?" The reason she asked was to know the kind of patient she was dealing with.

Patients on the first floor were still pretty much sane. They were patients who only didn't require a large amount of help and attention. The security in their rooms was not as strict, and they were often allowed to walk out freely with nurse supervision.

"The third," Luna's eyes widened as she heard that he wasn't on the second but on the third.

Patients on the second floor were more unstable compared to the ones on the first. They were indeed considered insane, but they were not very dangerous. The security in their rooms was more secure and monitored compared to the ones on floor one. When it came to going outside, they were allowed to go. But with the supervision of a nurse and a shock collar around their necks as they were unpredictable.

Now, patients on the third floor were dangerous and what you'd consider completely insane. They required the most help and attention. They need the most help. Because they were either very aggressive or violent, their rooms had maximum security.

Third-floor patients have metal bracelets on their wrists and a metal ring around an ankle. The reason was so that during a session, if the patient becomes aggressive or violent, the doctor can use their remote to shock them.

Once they had reached the floor and the elevator doors opened, Sana pointed to a room and bowed. Luna mumbled a thank you before stepping out and letting out a sigh. As she walked through the large halls to Mr Kim's room, she looked through the other rooms. Luna took note of what they were doing. Some were just staring at walls, while others banged on the glass of the windows, yelling words she couldn't quite make out. Others were sitting on their beds, playing with their fingers or walking around their room.

Some looked so vulnerable and innocent, but unfortunately, she knew it was just a facade.

She finally reached and stood in front of the door. She was feeling nervous, not knowing what to expect. This was her first time working with a patient on the third floor.

She had caught a glimpse of his figure through the window. She could tell he was sitting crossed leg on the floor, but his back was facing her, so she couldn't see the expression on his face. He was just staring at the wall.

Luna let out a shaky breath as she punched the code to the door. There was the sound of a click, and the door opened, giving her access to go inside. She quickly entered and closed the door behind her.

Mr Kim hadn't moved from his position. He was still seated on the floor, staring at the wall in front as if he didn't hear the door open a few moments ago.

She coughed and fixed her uniform. "Mr Kim," she called. His head quickly turned around to look at her. His face was blank at first, but as he cocked his to the side, a wide smirk grew on his face.

Luna felt shivers down her spine as his deep voice filled the quiet room.

"So you're my so-called psychologist."