questions and answers

Luna sat in her office as she typed away the observations she had made during Taehyung's outburst. She took note of everything she remembered, from how he acted to his facial expressions and boy language.

She didn't realise how much time she took doing her research that it was already two-thirty. There was a knock on the door causing her to groan before answering. "Come in." Luna quickly fixed her hair and posture, not knowing who would walk in.

"Dr Lu, you have Mr Jeon Jungkook and Kim Seokjin waiting for you at the front desk." A receptionist said, peeping her head through the crack in the door. Luna's eyes widened, and she glanced at the clock on her wall.

"It's already two-thirty? Oh my gosh, I'll be right there." She said. The receptionist nodded before closing the door. Luna quickly slipped on her white coat, pulled out her compact mirror and fixed her hair and makeup.

She let out a sigh as she opened the door and walked out. She made her way to the receptionist. There were two males seated in the waiting area. They were middle of a conversation when Luna called out: "Mr Jeon Jungkook and Kim Seokjin?"

The two looked in her direction and got up. They walked towards her, and Luna took stuck out her hand. They each shook her hand, and she flashed them a smile. "I'm Dr Lu Luna, but you can call me Ms Lu. I called yesterday." "I'm Jeon Jungkook, the one you talked to you," she nodded and gestured in the direction of her office. "Why don't we talk in my office."

She opened the door and walked in, the two males walking in after. "Please close the door and take a seat," she said as she took a seat in her chair."

Once the two were seated, she began to talk. "Yesterday, I was the first time Taehyung told me anything about himself. When he first arrived, he didn't talk to anyone. He didn't even tell us his name." She began. "But yesterday, he finally did, and he told me about your friendship. If you don't mind, I'm going to ask you some questions. You don't have to answer." They nodded.

"How was Taehyung like before?" she asked, opening her notebook to write down whatever information they were going to tell her. Jin let out a sigh before he began to speak. "Well, Kim Taehyung was a really kind and friendly boy. He had a bubbly personality, and everyone loved him. He has what Koreans call a 4D personality." "Everything in his life was normal until something happened. We don't know what happened, but he began to change."

"And how did he begin to change?" This time Jungkook responded. "It's started with him talking to himself. I mean, talking to yourself is normal, but the way he did wasn't. It was like he was actually talking to someone because he started to steal our stuff, and his reason would be that his best friend told him to. That didn't make sense at all because Jimin was his best friend."

"His parents sent him to some doctors, and they diagnosed him with Kleptomania. They also suggested that he could be schizophrenic, but that wasn't ever confirmed."

[kleptomania (klep-toe-MAY-nee-uh): is the inability to resist urges to steal items that you generally don't really need and that usually have little value.]

"Then he started acting differently. He would be cold and mean and then smiles and happiness in seconds. Or he'd be crying over something so stupid to laughing like a maniac." Jungkook felt shivers down his spine as he remembered the dark memories he shared with Taehyung. "Unfortunately, before we could get him checked, he disappeared, and that's when he went on his killing spree."

"And how would you know that?" "Because his first victim was his own best friend." Luna's eyes widened as she gasped in shock. "He left a note at the scene of the crime, saying he didn't mean to and that it was an accident." Jungkook dug in his pocket and pulled out a piece of crumpled paper with brown stains on it.

"Here, we saw it when on Jimin's forehead when we walked into his apartment." Luna took the paper and opened it.

'I'm so sorry, so so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt Jimin. I didn't mean to kill him. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.'

"Did you show this to the police?" "No, we didn't. We pretended like we didn't know who it was when each of us were brought in for questioning. That's why we pretended we didn't know who he was the pictures came up." Luna nodded and handed the paper back to him. "Taehyung wasn't born anywhere here in Korea or Asia. He was born in Namibia. His mother gave birth to him there while there were on holiday."

"Well, he had an outburst earlier today. I think he's bipolar. Well, not exactly bipolar. But I think he has a cyclothymic disorder, to be exact."

[cyclothymic disorder is characterised by persistent and unpredictable changes in mood. highs and lows are less extreme than for bipolar I and II disorder, and the episodes are shorter.]

"And based on what you told, me he might actually be schizophrenic. I'll have to get other doctors to look into that," she took note of what they had told her and what she had concluded.

"I think you guys seeing Taehyung will kind of help him. I was given permission to bring you guys up to Taehyung's room, and you guys will get to see him and talk to him. But only if all 5 of you agree." She said, looking up from her notebook.

"Taehyung is obviously going to have shackles around his feet and wrists, keeping him bound in place. This is just in case he tries to pounce on anyone like he did today."

"We'll give it some thought with the rest of the boys and let you know." Luna nodded. "Well, thank you for coming in today and giving me all this information." She said, closing her book. "Hopefully, we'll be able to put him on the right medication and get him treated," she said, giving them a smile.

"Will he go to trial once he's treated?" "No, the jury decided he wasn't fit for trial or fit for prison due to his mental health. Unfortunately, justice will never truly be served for the victims of the family because the jury lied. They said Taehyung was sentenced to the death penalty and that'll he'll never be able to hurt another soul when in reality, he's in here getting treatment. If Taehyung gets better, he'll be released and will get to walk as a free man."

Luna talked to the two men for another half an hour, answering whatever questions they had to ask.

"Thank you for answering our questions," they thanked her as they got up from their chairs. Luna shook her head gave them a smile. "No, thank you for answering mine." They shook each other's hands one more time before walking out of her office.

Luna flopped onto her chair and let out as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Oh wow."