Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Katie's Pov:

RECAP:

Suddenly, the forest and the blue-eyed creature were gone and I felt like I had been body-slammed. There was an annoyingly bright light. I squinted and noticed there were two unknown men hovering over me. One of them smiled.

"Ah, Katie McAllister is finally awake. We have been waiting for you."

~END OF RECAP~

Still Katie's Pov:

The two nameless males each grabbed one of my arms, hoisting me off the ground. I staggered a little, but eventually I regained my balance.

"What the heck are you doing?" I tried to frantically ask, but it came out as more of a scratchy whisper considering I hadn't used my voice in God knows how long.

"Ah, she speaks! And what a pretty voice, too!" proclaimed the one who had spoke before. He seemed to be the friendlier one of the two. The second one just wore a scowl on his unshaven face. I glared at both them.

"I demand to know where the heck I am!" I cried, aggravated by Mr. Friendly's comment. He chuckled darkly.

"Oh, I forgot you're new to this world. Say, little girl, what do you remember about your situation?" he said, his voice a touch mysterious. I thought and decided it was better to tell the truth because I am a horrible liar. Seriously, I couldn't lie to a blind person about what time of day it was, I'm that bad.

"Well, I was at the school in the south parking lot with my, um, friend, and then I was grabbed from behind by someone, one of your goon friends I expect. He put me in a truck and I mouthed off to the driver who had the other dude knock me out using a pressure point. That's when I had the..." I trailed off. I stopped myself just in time. They didn't need to know about the dream. Dreams about familiar looking little boys and large blue-eyed animals are better kept to yourself.

"That's when you had the what? You know what? Never mind. We'll save it for your meeting with the council" Mr. Friendly sneered pretentiously.

"Council? What the frick?" I inquired. The whole freaking situation is getting exceedingly bizarre. First, I'm arranged to be married to a major jerkface. Then, I get to school and everybody seems to know my last name and treats me different because of it. And when I finally make a friend, I get kidnapped by a bunch of buff dudes who apparently are gonna take me to a council or something.