Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Hudson's POV:

There was a chronic lapse in time as my vision continued to darken everywhere except for around the new girl. I'd heard Dad and some of the others in the pack describe this, so I knew what was happening, and yet I couldn't be believe it. I didn't want to believe it.

All of a sudden, the darkness that had clouded my eyesight disappeared but was soon replaced by a lucid, alert feeling. Everything I saw was in sharp-focus. I felt as if I had never truly seen the world before, and now I had. Dad had said that when he first caught a glimpse of my mother, he had felt awakened, like a new man. I never had understood what that meant until this moment.

I glanced back at her, and immediately a serene feeling came over my entire body. I felt completely at ease. I realized that Mr. Price was still scolding her angrily. I held back an angry growl.

Wait, hold up! Why am I getting mad!? I don't even want a mate for crying out loud! And yet, I could feel some part of me that did, and it scared me.

I groaned and banged my head on the desktop repeatedly, the pain momentarily distracting me from my troubling thoughts.

"Hudson, you alright, dude?" asked Danny in a concerned voice. I stopped my rapid head-banging and shrugged my shoulders. I glanced around the algerbra classroom with posters about the Pythagorean theorem, pi, and other math junk, and saw that all of my classmates, including Mr.Price and the new girl, were starring at me with confusion clear on all of their faces.

"I'm fine" I mumbled just loud enough for most of them to understand what I was saying.

"Yes well, Katie would you please go sit by Mr.St.Marcus and make sure he doesn't damage his few remaining brain cells" Mr.Price sneered.

Katie laughed nervously and said "yes sir." Then she stumbled her way, almost falling twice, towards the empty desk to my right. I kept my expression emtionless, trying to ignore her, and stared at the large dry erase board mounted on the wall facing the students.

"Please don't talk to me. Please don't talk to me" I chanted in my head, knowing that if she did try to start a conversation, I would be unable to keep up my indifferent pretense. A grimace slowly slipped onto my face. Ignoring her is going to be harder than I thought.

Danny was looking at me like I was a lunatic, which I probably did look like one. I mouthed "I'll tell you later" and he replied with a glare that said "you better."

The bell rang, and I couldn't get out of that room fast enough, not wanting to get into close proximity to Katie, worried that if I did I would give in and accept her as my mate. The pull was already strong enough. In the hallway, Danny roughly grabbed my arm.

"Alright spill" he demanded.