Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Hudson's Pov

"What the? Dude, you don't have a sister!" I cried at Danny, his face still ashen as ever and tears still clouded his eyes. I watched as he took a shaky breath.

"Well I do. And its Katie" he muttered almost under his breath but loud enough for me and everybody else in the kitchen to hear. I shook my head at his response.

"That's impossible! You have different last names!" I recalled. Murphy and McAllister are two different last names for crying out loud!

"Ok, I'm going to tell what my mom told me only an hour ago, but you might want to sit down for this" he told me vaguely. I did as he said and took seat next to him at the table normally used for eating breakfast. Everyone in the room soon took a seat as well, to listen to Danny's tale. Every seat at the twelve chaired table was filled with a member of the pack. Dad obviously sat at the head, looking calm and collect. Ugh, just like him to be calm in a situation like this! My mate was kidnapped and he was nonchalant! His beta, Uncle Markus, and also his brother sat to his right along with his mate and wife, Aunt Carol, who was seated to his right. The seat that would have been taken by their son, Mackey, had he not abandoned us for the Pete's, was occupied by my 15 year old brother, Jedidiah or Jed as he likes to be called. Our younger sister, Rachel, sat nervously quivering by his side. Grandpa sat at the other end, his normal carefree demeanor evaporating as Grandma sat beside him, stroking his arm reassuringly. I was on Dad's left side and next to me was Danny looking as grief-stricken as ever. His parents looked about ready to cry as they sat to his immediate left. His mom was sobbing loudly. Dad suddenly narrowed his eyes at Danny, signaling him to start telling everyone this story.

"Alright, as you know, Hudson's mate, Katie, was kidnapped" he started. Anger burned every part of my body and I felt my electric blue eyes smolder red which only happens when werewolves are extremely furious as I was at the thought of Katie getting kidnapped by some unknown person. Uncle Markus sent me a sympathetic look. I scoffed in my head, as if he knows what I'm going through. Dad ignored my rage and pressed on.

"Do you know who the kidnapper was, Daniel?" he asked, his voice void of emotion.

Danny shook his head sadly. "The guy had a black hood covering his face. I couldn't see him." I now visualized myself strangling a man with a black hood over his face, and then beating him to a pulp. The thought brought a miniscule smile to my face which for so long had been void of any kind of happy expression. Dad cleared his throat, sending me a warning look. Danny continued with the story.

"I tried to run after him, but a pick-up truck suddenly appeared. He and Katie both got in and as quick as it had come, the truck was gone and so was she" he went on grimly.

"Those bastards!!!! If I get my hands on them"- my rage was cut off by Dad.