Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Katie's POV

Trent slid into the parking lot of a colossal building with numerous windows, the sun glaring on all of them giving them a weird sparkling crystal look. Many adolescents crowded around the parking lot, chuckling with their friends, rambunctiously goofing around, or in the case of one couple I saw, smooching like there was no tomorrow. I grimaced; I could already predict that I wasn't going to like this place very much. All of a sudden, I heard the soft snap of the engine to Trent's Aston Martin cutting off.

"Where are we?" I questioned, using my now hoarse voice for the first time in what felt like an eternity, but I know it was only a brief hour-long car ride.

"School" Trent simply responded as he stooped out of the car and glanced around as if he were seeking something. Wait! School?! But I don't attend this school; I go to a small, inconsequential school 30 miles to the north. Most students there were extremely intelligent, considering that it is a magnet school. Yep, I'm a nerd, geek, whatever you want to call me, so much so that my dad used to call me the next Bill Gates; although, I'm leaning more towards English and literature.

"Wait, did I get enrolled here?" I called loud enough for him to hear me but not draw too much attention to myself from the eccentric teenagers littering the lot.

"Yes" he retorted, "take your backpack, go to the main office, and get your schedule. I'll meet you here when school is out, and I'll take you to my house" he said with a wink and a cocky grin.

"Ugh. Pig" I muttered spitefully under my breath and clutched my orange backpack with buttons and stickers of my favorite bands, graffiti courtesy of my two best friends, Penny and Abigail, and fraying borders from overuse. I treaded hesitantly in the direction of the crystal-like front doors. I am so screwed; this school is easily 10 times larger than my old one. No one was looking at me, so that was good. I didn't need the unwanted attention. I reached the door and tugged it open gently. Immediately, I saw the sign for the main office plastered on a silver coated door. Swallowing the anxiety accumulated in my body, I pushed the frigid door revealing a busy looking women sitting behind a cluttered desk. She was typing away with claw-like red painted nails on the out-dated computer in front of her. I softly coughed, alerting her of my presence.

"Um, I'm new here, and well, I kind of need my schedule, please" I stumbled over my words, nervously studying my blue and black plaid converse.

"Name?" she inquired looking over her horn-rimmed sparkly glasses. I jerked my head up to meet her icy gaze.

"Katie McAllister" I replied cautiously. Her eyes went as wide as I thought an old woman's eyes could go.

"Oh, Ms.McAllister! Yes, I have your schedule right here, darling" she told me, her mood instantly shifting. My eyebrows crinkled in confusion, as I wondered why the heck my name had changed her outlook of me. She handed me a pink slip of paper, and I noticed I contained my locker number (326), my teachers and classes, and my lunch number (1402).