Chapter 15

Chapter 15 

Hudson's POV

Trent stood in the doorway, smirking his aggravating smirk. I narrowed my eyes at him, suddenly suspicious of his antics.

"Hudson! What a wonderful surprise!" Trent exclaimed, testing my patience. "And Daniel Murphy! An equally wonderful surprise!"

"Don't test us" I growled.

"Test you? Why on earth would I do that?" inquired Trent, quizzically. I saw Danny scoff out of the corner of my eye. I sent him a warning look. We didn't need to make Trent mad because he had at least 6 or 7 guys to back him up. We were out numbered. But I wasn't going to let that stop me from saving Katie, and from the looks of it, neither was Danny.

"You know exactly why you would do that!" Danny said through clenched teeth. Trent raised a blonde eyebrow.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about" he replied, feigning ignorance.

"Yes, you do!" I barked, nearly shouting.

"No, I don't. Now it's been a lovely time chatting with you two, but I have a woman to get back to" Trent smirked. I felt my eyes blaze red, knowing exactly which woman he was talking about.

"Don't. You. Dare" I spat, barely feeling Danny's arms as he tried to stop me from tearing Trent apart for even thinking about my mate, my Katie.

"Ah, I understand now. You wish to take my fiancée away from me" Trent simply stated, his face becoming blank and unreadable. His eyes, however, still had a mischievous, cunning glint. I felt pang in my heart at the word "fiancée."

"We will." I growled, my still red eyes never leaving his amused-looking brown ones.

"Are you even sure she wants to go with you? What if she's completely in love with me?" Trent taunted. A scream of pure rage escaped my lips, and Danny let go of me in surprise.

"Never!" I promised, "She will never love you! I won't let her! I won't let you corrupt her!"

"It's too late. I asked her to marry me, and she said yes."

"No!" I felt my heart being ripped out. I slumped to the ground in front of the Peterson pack house. My emotions were all over the place. Anger, depression, utter hopelessness.

"Don't listen to him, Hudson! He kidnapped her! He forced her to marry him! Didn't you, scum?" Danny called from somewhere in the distance.

"It's possible. The fact that she didn't have a choice was just a minor detail" Trent responded, nonchalantly shrugging his shoulders. I felt new found hope soar within me. Katie didn't love Trent! I still had a chance! And that was the greatest feeling in the world, hope.

With renewed resolve, I shakily stood, giving Danny a look that said "I'm ready to kick butt and get my mate back." He nodded, seeming to understand. Quickly, I went through the plan Danny and I had fabricated beforehand. Nervousness rose in my body, and I gulped to keep the bile from rising in my throat. I hoped this would work.

Just as we planned, Danny charged at Trent, knocking him flat. I heard him let out a groan of surprise at the sudden attack. Without hesitation, I surged at top speed through the door and into the Pete's house. I frantically looked all around for where Katie might be.

"Hey!"

The sound from behind me caught me off guard. I spun around to see Mackey standing at the top of the tall staircase. I sent him a dirty look before beginning to search again for her. Thundering footsteps could be heard as he sprinted down the steps. I groaned in exasperation.