54: Summit

Summit

"Time to set sail! All hands on deck!"

"Aye!"

Heavy footsteps resounded on the wooden floorboards of ship's deck as they raise anchor and open sails. The wind blows perpetually, blessing the voyage as they set sail with the cheers of the people wishing them a safe journey across the seas. The flag ship of Sindria where its king rides left the harbor first, followed by the flagship of his envoy from Xue.

"Safe voyage to our king! Long live! Long live!" They cheered as the ships disappeared from the cove.

"It will take about two weeks or less to reach the meeting place for the summit. We have to arrive there first for the greetings." Jafar informed Sinbad as the monarch sat on a makeshift throne near the helm of the sea vessel he is riding. The generals are scattered about in different vessels in order to protect the personnels incase a sea creature decides to attack.

"I see. The Yambala Tribe are on their way too I presume?"

"Yes. Our allies in Artemyra  has send word that the tribe have indeed set sail to the island."

"What about Aladdin?"

"He will meet up with the magi Yunan and the high priest of Reim, Titus. They will come via their own routes." Jafar answered his questions. The male look towards the vast horizon of sea water infront of them.

Sinbad just gave a simple nod before his eyes caught the ship Yukiko was riding on. The vessel was able to catch up to his and was sailing alongside him. The lady took notice of someone staring at her so she turned to her right and indeed saw the king looking at her. She waved at him which Sinbad returned with a small smile.

"You can come over if you want!" She yelled to him as she tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear. "I know that you are curious to see what our ship looks like upclose!"

"Eh?! No way! I don't want that man to set foot on this flagship. He has his own ship to ride on!" Aoren protested an arm outstreched infront of the female as if to shield her. "Stay on your own ship!" He yelled back.

Sinbad has his hand on his hips as the other lands on his nape. He smiled tiredly at Aoren who was somewhat glaring at him from across the helm of their own vessel. He really wanted to ride on it since it has such an unusual appearance and he is interested about its structure. He is a sea voyager and such things excites him but it seems that he wouldn't be able to with Aoren riding it, ready to blast him back to his own boat if he dared.

"Your brother rarely acts like this on our homeland. I have never seen him so hostile towards another male. Him and his stupid complex." Kurosaki looked blankly at his childhood friend who continues to have a staring contest with the man from across their ship. "Sometimes I wonder where his usual calm and princely behavior goes. This is a complete one-eighty."

"Sorry, brother Kurosaki. For you to take care of the two of us..." Yukiko apologizes to one of her lords which the former just smiled upon.

"It's nothing new. I also enjoy still being together with you two since we are practically family. How many years were we apart? I was always wondering and praying that you are always safe wherever you are in this world. You can't imagine the joy I felt when I saw you were okay..." he placed a hand on her head. "I was really glad."

"Brother Kurosaki!"

"Kurosaki!"

The two siblings ran up to him when they saw him wandering around a city. He looked tired and worn out as he carries a sword on his side, eyes blank. When he turned to look at the people who called him by his name, he was met with tears and suffocating hugs from the two who suddenly charged him.