31: The Road to Magnostadt

The Road to Magnostadt

"Are all your metal vessels with you?" Kouen checked up on Yukiko who was polishing her sword where Aini resides in. The white haired woman nodded before looking up to him.

"I don't leave any of them when I go to somewhere far. Plus, we need every asset we can use to get that small magician country." The two of them were riding in a carriage, just the two of them. Aoren was left in the palace to help Koumei with some affairs to deal with.

"Kouha is already at position to attack with his army. He'll just wait for us to get near so we can immediately back him up if ever something goes wrong. But knowing him and his army, 'going wrong' doesn't exist among them." He informed her as he opens a scroll to pass the time.

"I am only doing this as a representative of my country.." she started. "..until I get married to you, Xue is not tied with Kou. None of my people will be harmed. If they do need to arrest someone, it can be me but subjugation is not a crime in this world," she looked at him, "the strong has always been on top anyway."

"Well said." He commended her.

Weeks passed and the two got to the said redezvous point. Kouen mounted his horse, along with Yukiko and Kouen's five assimilated household member.

"Kouen! Look over there!" She pointed towards the sky as they move along, following Kouha's path. The sky was dark and black creatures seems to be forming. It was a spine shivering thing to see since explosions can be heard from far off.

"Reim started attacking Magnostadt. They are still quite unaware that we are here. They all focused their power at the front so everything is going according to plan." Kouen replied as he looks straight ahead. "Now is not the time to be flustered about such things. Eyes forward, everyone."

The soldiers all heed their General's orders and kept on going forward.

On the other side of the world, Xue is making its move towards Kou since they were summoned by Koumei in order to prepare for any circumstances that may arise. Three metal vessel users from Xue came along with Aoren as a representative in name only since Xue isn't really part of Kou yet. The three metal vessel users from the Black, Red and Yellow Family came along with him.

"Lord Aoren, I'm glad that you've arrived safely. Please follow me to the chambers to discuss our other plans." Koumei greeted him as soon as he arrived at the palace. "My brother and king together with Her Majesty, Yukiko, have made their move toward Kouha's position to support the attack in Magnostadt. We are receiving word that some new entities are forming above the magician city's arial territory."

"Could it be..?" He looked at him with quite a surprised expression. "..black rukhs.." he muttered as he looks up towards the darkening sky in Kou.

"I'm afraid so." Koumei replied as they arrived at the chambers.

Back in Magnostadt, Kouen and Yukiko came to view a devastating scene. Almost half of Kouha's army was eradicated and Kouha was having a hard time regaining his footing after three black beast attacked him. A blond fellow wearing a flaming djinn equip came to his rescue who turns out to be none other than..

 A blond fellow wearing a flaming djinn equip came to his rescue who turns out to be none other than