25: His Decision. Her Decision.

His Decision. Her Decision.

"I can't do those things if I become king." He stated before turning his gaze to the crown.

"What..?" Yukiko muttered, confusion written all over her face.

"Yukiko, I've decided." He smiled then kissed her forehead. "Your brother will do everything to realize your plans and dreams." He said meaningfuly before walking towards the magic tool to announce his decision.

"Huh, Aoren-sama? Is there anything you need?" Setsuna asked the blue haired male when she saw him walk towards the magic tool, situated at the top of the stairs. Aoren just smiled at her before turning his gaze to the people debating below. He then signaled Kurosaki, the head of the Black Family, to beat the drum to call everyone's attention. Kurosaki did as he was told and beat the taiko drums that was on a corner, catching the attention of everyone.

"Everyone." He addressed as he scans everybody present in the room. "I want my sister, Yukiko Heiwa to be king. To be the next ruler." He announced earning him confused looks and gasp from the ladies and loud 'What?!'s from the gentlemen. His smile then faded and he suddenly turned serious. "I am but assissting my sister eversince. I want her to be the next ruler for she is more suited than me. We may be living in peace now but," he paused for awhile then looked at the Seven Lords before resuming. "..we will have to take up arms once again. Our country has already been exposed to this world. We can no longer hide. The Kou Empire will surely come after us and so does Reim. Their military prowess is overwhelming for they had developed a lot of military equipments, weapons and even soldiers. They have a Magi on their side. So does Reim."

He paused for a bit to look at the crowd's reaction. He can see that they are slowly understanding where his point is going.

"In this new era, I believe that my sister is the rightful one to lead you all. She had wandered around the globe and saw a lot of things that even some of you didn't. She was the one who connected all of the strings that we need to pull just to get everyone and our country back. She devised all of these in the seven years of her absence and look, here we are now because of her. We are now back home." He looked at his sister who was looking at him with wide eyes and a few tears falling from it.

"She failed, got hurt and suffered along the way. She was even about to give up but she didn't. She sought out everyone and brought them back. Yukiko is a strong woman. A king vessel. A kind princess and a loving sister. For me, these are the attributes of a king. I therefore withdraw from the selection. Heiwa Yukiko, please be our new ruler!" He got down on his knees, did the salute and hang his head low.

"Heiwa Yukiko please be our new ruler!" The Seven Lords and their family members did the same. The elders and the chiefs looked at each other as they process what just happened. They just sighed and shook their heads as small laughters escaped their lips.

"So it all came down to this, huh? What was the use of the meeting? Aoren-sama is still as playful as he was since he was boy." Said one of the village chief as he looks up to the stairs where Aoren was smiling at Yukiko, who is trying her best to hold back her tears.

"I think we reached a decision." Elder Yama said before doing the same. "Little one, be our new ruler."

"Yukiko Heiwa!" Called the remaining people inside the room as they did the same as the rest. "Please be our new ruler! We entrust Xue unto you!"

Yukiko stood up and looked at everyone who were all calling and telling her to ascend to the throne. She approached Aoren whom she helped stand up then pinched his side in admittance of her succession. Aoren smiled at her and took the crown from the trunk. He then lead her infront of the throne where she kneeled.