28: Stay with me

Stay with me

Their lips were molded together as Kouen brought Yukiko's frame closer to his. The white haired female was surprised, let alone flustered at the sudden action. She wants to push him away but she can't, why? Because such an intimate action was something that she was longing for from someone.

The last one who did this to her was the same person who shattered her trust and heart into millions of pieces that she believes that will never be able to heal. She gave up on her struggling and closed her eyes and let Kouen show her what he wants her to see. She just want to remain in that sensation for there, she found the warmth that she lost after Sinbad turns out to be someone who is just toying with her feelings to be held down and be used.

It was a slow and gentle kiss, opposite of what you'll expect from such an intimidating man like Kouen. He looks like someone who is rough and brazen at such a thing like kissing, but he's not. He was cherishing it, savoring it even.

Moments later, Kouen pulled away and looked at her flushed face and breathless state. She was looking up at him with eyes that are longing for something and Kouen just placed a small and soft kiss on her forehead before leading her by the hand to a couch where he let her sit. Yukiko has her hands on her lap as she tries to regain her normal beeathing pace.

"...why did you do such a thing, Kouen..?" She looked up to him before continuing.

"Are you trying to manipulate me too? I thought that you're smarter than that. King Sinbad already tried that on me so you should think of another original idea." She smiled sadly, tears glistening in her eyes still, which made Kouen click his tongue in annoyance at the mention of the man's name which made this woman infront of him like this. He then placed his arms on the either side of her, resting on the frame of the couch as he looks into her eyes.

"I thought that you're smarter than this, Yukiko. Crying won't solve your problems. Did crying brought back your people? Did crying made Parthevia fall on your homeland? Did crying made you Queen of such a formidable kingdom that can rival Sindria and any other kingdom of the Seven Seas Alliance? The answer is no. You worked and pushed forward to gain all of those. You've work hard, Yukiko. You have my praises." He used his thumb to wipe away the tears that were threatening to fall before giving her a smile which still looked like a smirk.

"Sending you letters frequently, keeping such a lousy thing like a bad spirit warding charm," He was referring to the bracelet. "...waiting for you to return..You should probably understand by now." He stood up and walked over his study table and took out the bracelet that she gave him three years ago as a parting gift and a sign of friendship.

"I am not like the man who you call Sinbad, King of the Seven Seas, so stop compairing me to him. I am the first prince of the Kou Empire, Ren Kouen. Know the difference between us before you start spouting about your old wounds at me."

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Night fell and Yukiko was seating across Kouen who shall be the Emperor's representative since he suddenly felt ill. Discussions were proceeding swimmingly as Aoren discussed trade with the second prince of the Kou Empire, Ren Koumei.

Kouha went on a journey to Magnostadt to talk to the president of the country about certain stuff. The people of Xue brought along a lot of gifts from their kingdom such as porcelain, cloths, produce and jewelry for the empire. The Seven Lords are standing guard to protect the siblings in case anything happen to them during negotiation.

"Give us back the people you use as slave that is from our Kingdom." Yukiko suddenly said, halting the merry conversation that is infront of her. "Give me back my people that the Parthevian Empire sold you."