12: Feelings

Feelings

"I'm fine now, brother. Malphas can help me heal such a trivial thing. Like a fever can kill me." She argued with Aoren who is currently nursing her in her room.

"Djiin of good nature and puppetry---"

"Stop." He then flicked her forehead causing her chant to be stopped. "Don't use your magoi too much. I can help you with this. Rely on me too. I'm your brother, aren't I?" He said, sulking at how she was acting.

"I just wanted to pamper you since it has been so long since I was able to see you like the little princess you are back in Xue. Brother is just happy to be taking care of you." Aoren covered his face with his hands as he whines childishly.

"I-I get it! So please stop that." She pulled his hands away from his face and saw him smiling. "You--!"

"Then Yukiko, please drink this medicine I developed using herbs for your fever." He gave her a small green pill. Yukiko just drank it with no questions or hesitations so Aoren wont bother her anymore. A knock was then heard from her door. Before a purple haired man and the magician of the eight generals entered her room.

"Good day, Aoren-dono, Yukiko-dono." Greeted Yamuraiha with a smile. "King Sinbad and I came to visit and help Yukiko-dono recover faster."

"There is no need for that. I have everything under control here. I can take care of Yukiko myself so you can just leave." Aoren replied as he washes a cloth.

Sinbad then stepped forward and placed a bouquet of Snow Drop on her empty flower vase beside her bedside table.

"Since the ones that you bought had probably withered by now, I went ahead and bought you some. I hope that it can help in your steady and quick recovery." He gave her a caring smile then sat on her bed. He then reached out to her to tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Yukiko immediately blushed and covered her face with her plain white yukata sleeves. She can practically hear her heart beating in her ears as she evaluates the situation.

"You--!" Aoren immediately stood up and pointed at the flowers. "Those flowers have a special meaning in them when you give them to someone of the opposite sex! Take it back!" He panicked as he tries to give the flowers only to be stopped by Yukiko.

"Brother, it's no big deal. He doesn't know about it so let it be." She said in a meek and small voice which almost made Sinbad pounce on her and hug her for being so damn adorable like he always do. "Sin, I'll be fine. Thank you for your concern. You too, Yamu. So, can you just leave us? Aniki is doing well at taking care of me. He may not look like it but he knows a lot about medicine." She gave them an assuring smile after she put down her sleeves.

"If you say so." Sinbad stood up and motioned Yamuraiha to follow him. His smile faded as soon as he exited her room.

"I can't believe it." Aoren complained as he cut the the stem of the flowers into its proper lengths. "A Snow Drop is something symbolizing a very important thing for us. You should've told him."

"I thought that you're going to support me with my quest for love?" She laughed slightly as she adjusted the towel on her forehead. "..but..I appreciate those flowers. It gave me the courage to confess. I want to tell him my feelings so that when the time comes that we have to part ways, I'll have no regrets. If he accepts my feelings...I might stay here for a bit longer and leave the job to Setsuna."

Setsuna is their former maid back in the palace. They found her in Reim and she became freed by the two. Now, she stays there as the head of operations to sought out the other citizens of Xue.