44: Tears

Please play the video as you read

In the two years since she left Sindria, Yukiko firmly believe that she can never hear those words from Sinbad. She never would've thought of hearing those words from the man she once considered her home and loved so dearly.

She'd be a hypocrite if she said that she never longed for those affectionate proclemation of love from Sinbad who is a known womanizer and a patron of brothels. A man who plays with women's hearts and bed then to fulfill his carnal desires.

The man she fell in love with in the sunny country of Sindria.

Hearing those from a promiscuous man who is now promising an honest and genuine love, one can't help but be swayed.

Yukiko did love him. So much so that she desperately hold onto his lies in hopes that he will realize in the future that it was really her who accepts him for who he was. Despite his flaws and broken past. Because Sinbad was the one who did it first to her; he was the first to accept her. Or so she thought.

The fact that he manipulated her feelings and fed her only with lies to the point that he degraded who she was, her feelings, and her pride is something that has scarred her deeply. She kind of knew that Sinbad might not see her in such a way, but to think that he thinks that low of her pains her greatly.

Like handing over the most beautiful flower to a very special person only to have it be thrown and burned away like disguting rubbish.

"Yukiko, I love you. No more lies and deception this time."

Silence fell upon them for a short while but out of that silence a sound was heard.

"HA HA HA HA!"

She laughed.

For some reason, she found it hilarious. She laughed at how pointless it was. She laughed when she realized how she almost fell for it again. She laughed that someone would still be able to say those words to her. She laughed at how much pain her heart is in right now.

Abruptly stopping, she looked at him.

"But you do realize that it's too late now, is it?" She replied to him with a pained smile on her lips.

"Nothing is too late. I promised, on the day you were gone from me, that I would fix myself and our relationship that has been destroyed by my greed. I promised that I will tell these feelings of mine to you that I realized to late. I hold onto an imaginary strand of hope that you still have love left for me when we meet again. Only just a little, and I would pick myself up and pursue you because I know that I will never stumble onto someone like you again. Even if I have to spend my life courting you, I will."

"Give up, Sinbad."

"I will not."

"Haven't you had enough? Did I not serve you accordingly for these past few years? Sacrificed many hours a day to accompany you to all your duties and frolicking about? Did I not humor your manipulation of my life and my brother's? Was dragging me through the mud not enough? Do all those things not satisfy your ego and greed still?"

"I know how much pain I've inflicted on you. But believe me when I say that I wish to atone for the sins that I have done."

"Fine. Then I'll forgive you if you leave me alone. Let me live in peace now...

...Sinbad. Let me go."

She delivered these words as a parting to him. She walked passed the King with her head held high. She was  finally able to say goodbye.