39: Vulnerable

What a joyful and blissful thing it is for a man who is together with her lady love. It is an almost indescribable feeling.

It is something that Sinbad is currently feeling. Being under the same shade, standing beside her like before; Sinbad can't imagine a better day other than being with Yukiko right at the moment.

The sun is shining, the sky is clear, the wind is blowing its blessing to the sea. Even the flowers are at full bloom as if celebrating the two.

"What is it that you are going to show me in the shopping district, Sinbad?" She asked of him breaking the purple haired king from his trance.

"Ah, I was planning on showing you the imported products from the allied and newly reformed countries. We just re-established trade with them a few months ago and I believe that it is something that will interest you."

"Then do lead the way." She smiled at him before looking at the path they are walking on. "Nothing has changed.." she commented making Sinbad look at her again.

"Hm? What were you saying?"

"Everything is still the same. This country is still beautiful. You've worked hard, Sin." Genuinely complimenting his efforts, Yukiko smiled at the horizon sincerely. Despite the silent war between them, she still acknowledges the effort he has poured for his country to experience continuous prosperity.

Sinbad tried his best to stop himself from holding her. He calmed himself and dropped a line to lighten the mood and to voice out his thoughts.

"But not as beautiful as you've become. You are lovelier than ever." He chuckled at his statement. He was expecting a reply telling him to stop but he just earned himself a blushing Yukiko.

"D-Don't look at me, please.." she covered her face with her sleeves before walking on ahead of him hoping he wouldn't hear her embarrassed heart.

"Be still, my heart. We don't deserve those words. You are not his anymore. Let that love go.." She whispered to herself as she tries to calm down.

• ○ • ○ • ○ • ○ •

Arriving at the shopping district, various food stalls welcomed them first. There, they ate a simple breakfast as they walk along the not so busy streets since it is not market day; a single loaf of bread and a cup of brewed coffee all for the price of 5 cooper coins.

They were roaming around wearing simple and typical disguises, cloaks, as to not garner that much attention from the Sindrians.

They exchanged a few small talks about what they think of the market but not about what happened in the last couple of years that tore them apart.

Despite the warm atmosphere that they seem to be emitting, they were still distant and apart. There was still this invisible wall that blocks Sinbad's advances to gain Yukiko's trust.

The Queen of Xue still loathes his statement about how weak her people were having been conquered and enslaved in an instant without even fighting back. Despite this she was still human with her emotions intact and still has a space in her heart for the man who was with her throughout her childhood, made her experience her first kiss laced with love, and a promise to meet together again in the future

Their paths crossed once again after so many years in a meeting as if tied by fate. Hearts still longing for each other, they experienced the bliss brought by love once again that seem to drive away the darkness and hardship they went through during the years they were apart. One chose to embrace it and fall deeper into its sweet trap while the other shunned it and chose it as a means to control the one who embraced it.