Chapter 10

I woke up at the sound of tea boiling. This was strange usually I would wake up early but it was 8 A.M. But it was so different I felt safe and reserved that my body didn’t feel the need to wake or get up. I started stretching my legs everything until I kicked something or someone where the sun ain’t shining,

“Fu—”  

“Language!” I screamed even thought I didn’t know who I just kicked.  I looked over to my side and spotted Zander. I immediately jumped out of my blanket like it was on fire.

“Zander what are you still doing here?!”

“Mrph do da yr thrp ka” he said his face in the covers. Then he immediately jumped probably remembering that he wasn’t in his bed. He tried to explain while I was pacing back and forth across the room.

“Hey you held on to my hand and you had the grip of a male puma so I couldn’t let go and I guess I ended up falling asleep.”

I looked at him with the coldest glare a person could give and kept pacing. Then Zander tried grabbing my wrist but I didn’t stop resulting in us both crashing into the wall. Now I had my back to the wall and I was facing Zander who was leaning on the wall and had both his hands on either side of my head as support. My eyes went wide when I realized how close he was to me. I kept looking into his big blue eyes. Look away! Look away! I kept telling myself but I couldn’t find the strength to do so. Okay at lease say something! My mind jolted at me but the best thing I could come up with was:

“Mrph da huh...” Zander at first looked shocked but gave me his winning smirk or was it a grin. I don’t know but whatever you would call that smile of his made him 10 times cuter and that’s not fair because he was already as cute as heck. Suddenly, my mom walked in with her bright pink robe that caught everybody’s attention. Well I guess not everyone because Zander kept his distracting eyes on me. Luckily I had an excuse to slip through his hold.

“Hey mom.” I said quickly and nervously

“Hi sweetie.” She said while kissing my cheek.

“Did you see...?”

“Oh yah its fine we saw that you were both asleep so we just wrapped you guys in a blanket. And of course your father made sure you still had your clothes on...”

I, being the red tomato I that I always was, starting blushing like crazy. Why was I put on with this weird disease of excessive blushing?

“Zander right?” My mom asked Zander, who never moved from the position we were in before. This was kind of weird because, this time he was staring at a blank wall instead of me. Then again now that I think about it, it doesn’t make much of a difference. Zander finally caught the clue that my mom was talking to him.

“Oh yah I’m Zander nice to meet you.” He said walking over to give her a shake of the hand.

“Oh yes my daughter talks about you all the time.” I gave my mom a familiar glare.

“You talk about me?” he asked both surprised and flattered at the same time. Oh great mom now you’ve made his ego a wee bit higher. All humanity is doomed because they can’t see anything past his big head.

“I’m going to take a shower!” I yelled quickly leaving those two people who enjoyed embarrassing me so every much.  

The truth is I didn’t talk about Zander, well only on the phone with Alison. And as my mom being super weird and stalker-ish she just had to listen thru my bedroom door. That’s how she knew his name and said that I talk about him. And even if I did talk about Zander they were mostly negative thoughts nothing positive I know so or maybe I guess so. Honestly I don’t even pay attention to what I say when I’m rambling about people. When I finished my shower Zander had already left so I decided to do the smartest thing a person could ever do and that’s calling Alison.