Prologue

Prologue

Ilena's POV

I couldn't believe this was happening to me I mean I was a good girl. Not only according to Santa Claus (who I know doesn't exists I mean I'm a senior). I was a straight A student, I went to church every Sunday and already did twice as much as volunteer hours that I need to do (I started off a bit early). Why was I his target why couldn't anybody else be the center of his bet I didn't get it. And the worse was I was supposed to fall in love with him with Zander Williams the biggest player in school.

Zander's POV

I couldn't believe what was happening why did it have to be her? I mean she's little miss goody two shoes who doesn't give a damn about having fun I mean I bet she stays home on Friday nights and studies for the week coming up. And she was little miss-not-so-popular too of course she had friends but I mean I don't even know her name; not that I cared enough to know. What happened was that I made a bet with my best buds John and Daniel.

And I lost it was a bit of a cheat I mean what kind of dudes play a football game and bring out the hottest senior in school to distract you. I mean that was plain dirty and I was the only one who played dirty. I mean I've dated many, many, many girls but I definitely never dated a loser like her I mean. Why? When my friends pointed her out to me my mouth literally dropped to the floor.

"You guys can't be serious?!" One look at her and all you think is stereotypical geek/nerd all together in one bunch. She wore thick glasses, was short, always had her blond hair pulled back into a messy bun. I could hear John and Daniel snicker while I starred her down. My life would be over if I had to go out with that girl right?! But then I started to think she's probably desperate considering she probably never talked to a guy right?! And if I got her laid than that means I was unbeatable bad boy who turned goody Ileana Bentley.

Both of my friends went silent when they noticed the evil smirk on my face. "Actually guys you really are helping my rep so I wanna thank you guys". And I knew they were annoyed because nobody would want to have their intentions twisted around. I walked over to my next class then remembered it was just literature so I did the normal thing and skipped it.

Ilena' POV

I was just heading out of my literature class. It was an inspiring class not only did Mr. Herman know how to make any class fun even by lecturing also that he was undeniable handsome. His hotness was impossible like before his mother gave birth to him she swallowed the sun and before that the sun swallowed an asteroid that possessed a huge volcano on it. The point is Mr. Herman was hot. And he was only 23 which means we were only 6 years apart soon to be only 5 (I would turn 18 in October).

I walked out of class and headed to my locker with a huge grin; like I would always come out of his classes. But it quickly disappeared when I saw my best friends Alison running down the hall like crazy and she only does that in her "panic mode". She kept huffing and puffing. I quickly took her purse and took out her puffer. "You know you're mom tells you not to run like that and you still manage to. I mean you should be thankful that during gym you only have to do half of the requirements to pass track and field-" she covered my mouth with her hand and I knew it meant stop lecturing because it's stupid.

"Why didn't you tell me he was going after you" I looked at her perplexed. She said he like it was a kind of creature of some sort. "I can't tell you about something I don't know" she gave the same confused face that I wore. "The beast A.K.A Zander. You're his next target" my mouth formed a big oval. I asked her several times if she hadn't heard wrong and she responded sarcastically "Yah 'cause there's a million other girls in this school named Ilena Bentley". Before I could answer the bell rang.

Maybe Alison was just imagining things maybe she was wrong or maybe she was going crazy. I mean she did die her hair completely red (not that I didn't like it was completely awesome). Maybe this thing would be cleared up before lunch. I mean what are the chances that the most wanted and popular boy in school would go for a nerd like me?

Turns out the chances can be pretty high. I couldn't believe everywhere I went I either got laughs from guys, angry glares from jealous girls or pity looks. And I also got a lot of whispering I had no idea what they were talking about but I definitely knew that included me. Thank god I had Alison. She kept yelling "Hey don't you guys have classes to go to!!" I was really nervous because that caused even more glares. When we entered that cafeteria it was filled with stares; at us of course. The whole school actually went completely quiet. If teachers ever needed their students to shut up I would be the perfect tool.

I was just going to walk over to the kitchen and take my order but Alison stopped me. Then she did the thing she was best at, yelling: "Hey I know that we're pretty to look at but come on people get a life and take a picture it'll last longer!!" I tried my hardest not to laugh. But it was easy because I saw how everyone was looking at us. I was reddening faster than a tomato in the spring. I dragged her all the way across the cafeteria back to the lockers. "Are you crazy?! Just because they're eying us a little" she gave me a nasty snarl "Okay maybe they're eyeing us a lot but it's no reason to go crazy"

That's when we started hearing moaning behind us. We turned around and saw one disturbing picture. It was Zander but the only thing was he was trying to suck some girl's face off. That girls face was Nina's. She was mean and I didn't like her one bit she would alwasy pick on me and treat me like a wall of invisibility. Alison went to slap him at the back of the head. "What is wrong with you? You can't say you're after a girl when you're sucking another's face!" you could see a hint of panic in his eyes. "Hey she kissed me!" he defended. "Well it sure looked like your lips were responding!" He laughed a little "Hey come on I gotta give the ladies what they yearn for" Nina gave me a big dirty look I started to shiver of terror. Before Alison could give another nasty comment I interrupted.

"That's okay maybe that means he still hasn't moved on  with Nina and he's abandoning on me which I'm totally cool with so just tell the whole school the deal is off so we can stop with the stares" I grabbed Alison's arm and lead her back to the cafeteria. But I was pulled back by Zander.

"Not so fast" then he started sucking slightly lower than my mouth (meaning my neck) it took me a while to realize that he was giving me a hickey. I heard the girl he was making out with gasp. His lips on my skin it felt good but I didn't want to give him that kind of satisfaction so I kept my mouth shut. When he finished he whispered "It means you're mine now!"

Nina came up to me and slapped my arm. "Hey keep your hands off my man. You realize he's jsut doing this for a stupid bet so don't get your hopes up you're still a pathetic loser and you will always be!" Alison was about to reply but I stoppped her and let Nina walk awa. Tear started to swell up in my eyes.

I didn't need this mess I jsut wanted to get thru the school year peacefully. This is my last year of high school and I was doing great I didn't want to be interrupted by any mean popular chicks or bad boys I would just have to ignore him and everything would be fine right?!