Chapter 6

I was playing back what happened the week before as I was entering the library. Zander hadn’t showed up at school for a week now and rumor has it today was the day he was coming back. Was it bad that I wasn’t excited at all? Then he would definitely try to ask me what happened at his house. Even though it was irresponsible of me he would call my house and I would ignore them I didn’t show up to any of our study sessions (that were supposed to be at his house even worse!) Everyone else was getting ready for his comeback it was like he was a celebrity. The girl’s washroom contained to oxygen because it was so crowded with girls, straightening, curling their hair. Putting on makeup I even saw people waxing (GROSS!!) Why couldn’t people just act normal? I and Alison were at the complete back of the crowd that gathered in front of the entrance. I was forced to be there because sadly my locker was there.

“Wow what is it with all these people? Is Zac Efron coming to our school or something?!” She said excitingly while laughing.  

“I wish. It’s just Zander but you know how it is. I overheard some girls in the no air washroom that maybe he’ll feel bad that he didn’t show up for a whole week that he’ll give free make outs.” I had an extra squeaky voice to imitate the way those girls were talking. We both started laughing and said “PATHETIC!” at the same time. We got a bit of stares but it quickly ended when someone said “Zander” there was a roar in the crowd.

I couldn’t believe this was all for Zander.  I mean he was a great and all but just a person. That’s when I realized I should leave quickly I could see that he made it half way thru. Alison dragged me to Lucia Wen one of the most Zander desperate girls in school. “Hey you know what Ilena just told me?” she started “that Zander wanted you to get a nice passionate kiss from his biggest fan.” The squeal that was heard was so high pitched that I didn’t think I would ever be able to hear again. But luckily I could hear the last words that Alison said to me:

“Run!” I started running. I could hear Zander calling me from behind and but he didn’t get to finish because Lucia caught up to him. I saw Nina angrily glaring at me from behind which triggered me to replay the situation that happened on Thursday.

***Back to that day when she went to his house blah...blah...

Zander left to go to the washroom and I think everybody knew that it was a horrible idea. (Well apparently not his bladder.) “Tell me what you’re really doing here!” Nina screamed. “I-I told you-you that-at I came to tu-tutor him.” I stuttered. “Oh we all know that you’re just a pathetic loser who’s found herself a crush. I mean get over yourself do you really think a guy like him would fall for a thing like you? Heck any guy in this universe wouldn’t. I mean dirt passes by you in disgust!!” I could feel the tears swelling up in my eyes. I just prayed that they wouldn’t escape. Even though nothing in what Nina said was true it still hurt. “Are you still mad because I spilled water on you at that time with the water fountain?” I asked she gave me a nasty glare. “Well it’s nice to see that the nerd has a brain.” She said sarcastically. I didn’t get why she was still mad honestly it was her fault I mean half of her thigh was on the fountain. And I did ask her to move but she said “Squeeze in nerd!”

“I told you I was sorry about that.” She started to get really irritated. “I don’t give a—” she stopped herself from sweating because if she did anyone and everyone would hear it. I tried to walk out the door but suddenly she put her Gucci shoes in front of me and tripped me. I fell flat on the ground and got a nose bleed that’s when the tears really started coming out. I looked up I saw Nina crouching down in front of me. “And if you dare to freakin’ tell Zander about this entire thing well...” she said while pointing at my face. I got the point and ran out the house as quickly as I could even without saying goodbye to Ms. Williams who was happily cooking something sweet in the kitchen. I would’ve said goodbye because I was raised well but I was in panic and pain. (Well maybe I didn’t learn manners from my parents but the internet helped a lot!)