Chapter 8

His lips were so soft the kind that could make you fall asleep but I didn’t because of the sparks I could feel traveling down my spine. But during all that I had my eyes wide open from what seemed like forever. Ilena don’t fall for it whatever you do don’t close your eyes. This is all fake. When he finished he put a big smile on his face.

He frowned when he saw my face dazed and confused. “Um” he started but I interrupted “We can’t tell Nina about this!” I suddenly yelled. He just frowned and looked at me with a confused face. “Nina who?” I punched him in the arm. He winced “Didn’t think nerds could hit so hard” I gave him another hone of my hard nerd punches.

“Nina’s you girl-fri-end.” I pronounced slowly. “But she knows I’m doing a bet here.” I thought for a second but Nina would still care enough to send me off to be murdered. At lease I know that the kiss was all for a bet well I always knew that but I guess my lips didn’t. (But now they know). ‘Just-just don’t tell her.” I whispered. I turned over slightly to peek at him and he was gripping the steering wheel really hard. “C-c-can you just drive me home please.”

“Yah but can I ask you one question.” I turned over to look at him. “If I told you the bet was over and everything what would you say?” I laughed a little “Well I’d say what are you still doing hanging around with me. We’re supposed to get rid of each other already.” He didn’t even answer he just started the car and drove off.     

***

The next he didn’t even look at me once. Then finally came our last study session. Yah I didn’t tell him yet. And no study sessions meant bye bye Zander. I don’t know if I was particularly sad or happy about it. It was more like no emotions at all like I wasn’t going to crawl into ball and cry my eyes out but I wasn’t going to have a wild party either (not that I could really have one I mean who would I invited?!)

“Hey” Zander said plopping down on the couch. “Well you have the nerve to come back here.” I said coldly. He gave me a perplexed look. “What are you talking about?” I sighed I didn’t feel like starting an argument here. “Just never mind anyways since today is our last study session.” I started packing my books into my purse.

“I thought that I could let you off the hook and you know set you free.” Zander arched both of his eyebrows. I led my hand towards the exit at the end of the hall. “You are free to go little deer.” He laughed a little but shacked out his head then followed me to where I was walking. I was standing right in front of Brenda’s secret door.

I was hoping she was there because I couldn’t just wait in front of an invisible door that isn’t really there, kind of. I knocked on the door and heard some rampaging. That’s good she was there. I waited. “What do you mean it’s over?” I turned to face him with a blank expression. “Well um you just said it yourself I thought you everything you need to know for the test and you aced it so you’re fine you can graduate.” I threw up an imaginary hat in the air like people do when they graduate. “Hey but that doesn’t mean we can’t—” before he could say anything else I smacked the now closed door in his face. “Hey Brenda” I said heading for the couch she blocked my way and after several attempts of passing thru her I just sat on the floor.

“Don’t you ‘Hey Brenda’ me. What’s going on?” Then we heard knocking. Brenda looked at the door and then back at me. “Don’t you dare--” before I could finish my sentence she started heading for the door so I did the best thing a person in a crisis could do. I jumped her. Okay maybe it wasn’t the best thing a person could do but it was an instant reflex that I got. Luckily, all those reading of books that Brenda has been doing came out with nothing but complete wuss. (A.N: I looked it up and it isn’t a profanity so I found a new word to use at times…HOORAY!! That’s a cheesy thing that a baby cartoon character would say right?! Which I am not so this makes no sense which I often like 2…) finally I was blocking the door and everything was silent well except for Zander.

“Oh come one Il can we talk I mean we can always see each other at school no need to act like strangers. Seriously open up people are starting to stare.” I tried my best to hold back my laugh. Then suddenly I was pushed and everything went black.

I woke up and saw Zander and Brenda both studying me. “What’s going on?” I asked. “Well” Zander started I really wanted to get in so I kinda shoved the door a little to hard and knocked you out.” He wouldn’t look me seriously in the eyes and I new that he was nervous. But instead of getting mad at him I started bursting into laughter. Both of them looked at me like I was crazy but then joined me later on.

Finally after we finished laughing and after the awkward of silence was over I got up from my seat. “Well I guess you’ll be going now…” I said while pushing him out the door. Again I shut the door and Brenda was shaking her head at me like my mom would do but I ignored her.

“Ilena don’t do this. I mean we can be friends right hang out sometime. Please tell me we’ll hang out some time.” He stopped he didn’t honestly think he’d get an answer. Brenda looked at me with wide eyes. Finally I sighed Brenda has that affect on people to get them to do things just because she had blue eyes and everything.

I bit my lip and opened the door. I could spot Zander smirking. But I didn’t open the door all the way only so that my head could stick out. “Definitely, we should definitely hang out sometime.” I said final before quickly shutting the door again.

I’m glad that Brenda waited for Zander before saying: “Did he just call you a friend? A friend oh honey the friend zone is a gift and curse…” I sighed because I knew that Brenda would go on about some book she read or some ex-boyfriend she had; when she was twelve. I really needed to find her someone. How about Mr. Herman I mean if I couldn’t have him Brenda could be the next best thing.

------------------------

Kk I know how it took time for me to update but on the bright side I’m here under my bed sneaking in the laptop in my room when I’m suppose to be asleep writing a chapter for you guys so this is a big sacrifice. (and yes I am doing my prayers hoping I won’t get caught…) anyways the next chapter will be the chapter that I’ve been waiting to write ever since I started this book anyways. I never actually thought it would be so successful so I wrote part of it in advance just for my pleasure cause call me sappy and romantic but I love love and stuff. Anyways it’s kinda weird knowing that I have pj pants on but still have my normal shirt on my outfit is BEYONG WEIRD right now. Anyways enough with my continuous blabber just wanted to give a hint about he next chapter…DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!......

HINT: Popcorn and hang outs….yah and it will be the first chapter ever where it starts with Zander’s POV so excited for that….

LOVE YOU

Cuteblossom804 (still sounds so weird I mean what was I thinking?!) :P 

PS. THERE WILL BE MISTAKES (I mean I’m under a bed here cut me some slack…)

PPS. I didnt actually post a new book its just that instead of new part I clicked new story and yeah so (how PATHETIC..Oh well taht's me...)