Chapter 5

KK so I put Misery by Maroon 5 because it was the song I was listening to while finishing the chapter (and the song I practically listen 2 24/7 so...) and Maroon 5 is my favorite band of all time (I don't think they'll ever be beat..) well here's the chapter you've been waiting for or not... ;)

Ilena's POV

Zander didn't show up for our study session. He was the reason I was walking down the hall into the boys change room. Guys were whistling as I passed by "Zander! Zander!" I was stopped by Zander's friend Daniel. "Wow you realize that you're in the boys-" "Where's Zander?" I interrupted "He's not here." Daniel responded quickly and shielded himself like I was about to hurt him (no promises). "I'm going to go yell at him!" Daniel stopped me again and said "I don't think you should...you see something kinda happened..."

***

I was ringing the doorbell. I was really nervous. I'm the kind of person who gets scared when making a phone call even when it's Alison. "Hi Ms. Williams I'm one of Zander's classmates and I brought him his homework." I lifted the pile of paper not only to show her the proof but also to hide my burning red cheeks. "Oh please come in." I entered the house and didn't expect what I saw. I thought that his house would be huge and big and luxurious. But suprinsigly no his house was sweet and cute. The definition of comfort I could say. I sat down on the kitchen table. "Do you want something to drink?" "No maybe just juice." She laughed. Of course she would laugh. She asked me if I wanted something and I said no but then said juice. And the last time I checked juice was something brain of mine. Ms. Williams deposed the cup in front of me and sat down.

"So I never really caught your name..." Of course she didn't catch it because I never actually said it. How lame was that I mean it should've been the first thing I mentioned. I slapped myself on the forehead and she laughed again. "It's Ilena, Ilena Bentley...kinda like the backpacks and suitcases." She kept on laughing. And I'm glad she didn't realize my nerves I was so nervous that I used "kinda" in my sentence. Well at lease this conversation was going a lot better than when I was alone with Alison's dad for some reason he thinks I have 2 do with Alison's idea of dying her hair. At first I was totally against it like he still is. But that day when I saw her with the hair...

***When Alison died her hair

I was on the front steps of her house and I rang the doorbell (and of course I was nervous.) I could hear the fighting coming closer and closer. I could hear he dad screaming "How could you do this. It's totally unacceptable!" Alison opened the door and I just had to stop the fighting and say the stupidest thing I ever said "Hey it's actually really pretty!" After that Alison's dad has disliked me ever since.

***Back to reality

"So Ilena how do you know Zander you aren't another of his girlfriends?!" I started blushing again. "No I'm just his tutor..." I trailed off and looked away from her gaze. "Oh" she sounded disappointed "well you're doing a great job. Too bad you guys aren't dating because you by far would be the most composed girlfriend he's had and trust me he has had-" "Many" we said at the same time. And for the first time we laughed together. After a lot of awkward silence I finally said "Well I guess I should go um... see Zander." She nodded "He's in his room." I went upstairs and passed what seemed to be Jamie's room (unless Zander or his mom have an obsession with unicorns.) When I got to Zander's room at the end of the hall I sneaked a peek and saw that he was asleep. (A.N: That's three rhymes for me and just telling you they were 100% accidental.) But he had bandages wrapped around his forehead. On it was a slight blood stain. I winced at the sight of his injury. Daniel told me it was pretty bad but I just couldn't imagine that. (A.N: Imagine that like the movie which BTW I was totally disappointed by it's plot just a waste of Murphy's talent on a horribly planned movie no offense.) Since he was sleeping I did what any normal person would do...I sat down in front of his door and waited. Okay maybe it wasn't what a normal person would do (a normal person would give the homework to Ms. Williams and would see him at school the next day...) but since when was I normal?