Chapter 2

I dedicated this chapter to my first ever fan of this book. Whitout you I wouldn't have been as motivated as this to continue on with this story. Just to know that someone out there is enjoying your writing brings a great feeling to my heart. Author’s note: Whenever you see A.N in brackets it stands for author’s note…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ilena’s POV

I waited in the library for him to come. I was excited because today we were going to do a short fantasy novel. I waited, and waited and waited. Half an hour passed and still Zander didn’t show up I started to get more and more certain that I was stood up. Wait what was I saying stood up this wasn’t even a date. It was more like he skipped it. Like this was a class that he skipped.  Even though I wanted to go find him and yell at him I stayed put. Then I started looking around the library for some books. I mean normally I should be in room 32B but since the tutoring started I would always meet Zander at the library like if it was my study hall. If he wasn’t here then fine that’s okay more time for me to catch up on some books.

I took out Lemonade Mouth even though I had already read it three times I decide to try for a fourth. I didn’t even make it halfway thru a sentence when I caught myself dosing of in other thoughts. Why didn’t he show up? Was he sick? Of course not if he was sick Mr. Herman would’ve probably told me. I’ll ask him just in case next period.

***

“No he’s actually at school” Mr. Herman answered. “Why he didn’t show up?” Mr. Herman asked. “No he didn’t but its okay I’ll go talk to him.” Mr. Herman nodded. “If you need any help just call me.” I waved politely then started sprinting to the cafeteria. I don’t know what came over me. I don’t know if it was anger, anxiety or just fatigue. Fatigue of being ignored like I didn’t matter. I mean maybe just maybe when Zander was learning because of me and that it would help him graduate I felt a slight bit of importance in someone's life. I mean I knew I was important to Alison but whit him it was just different. I saw him sitting at his table laughing with a bunch of his friends. “Zander!” I yelled. He turned around and as soon as he saw me he put on a disgusted face. All his friends said “ooh” in harmony like he had just gotten himself into trouble. The truth is he did.

“What?!” he said coldly. Then suddenly I got a little bit more scared I hesitated but the person who was talking was definitely not me because she replied back “I waited a whole period for you to come to the library and I found out you just skipped it! Why didn’t you at lease tell me?!” “Why would I need to talk to you?” he said. It’s like he was referring to me like some kind of animal. “You really were serious when you said you couldn’t keep a freakin’ secret!” he yelled again. I looked at him with a confused face “What the heck are you talking about?” he started to get a little angrier and grabbed on to my arm. “Don’t act like you don’t know.” he said plainly about to sit down. Then I grabbed his arm “What are you talking about?!” but before I could say anything else he shoved me into someone who spilled there hot coffee on me. I yelled in horror as I fell on my butt probably bruising it. I could see Zander looking at me with a slightly worried face but then his face turned back to cold and he just sat there watching me. I ran out of the cafeteria with tears streaming down my face. I ran into the washroom looking at how pathetic I looked. Alison came in to help. She had everything a makeup kit, extra clothing and my favorite lunch. Despite that she was crazy sometimes I knew that she would make a great mother. Well she had to be considering she had like 4 brother and 3 sisters all younger than her. I changed into the extra pair of clothes and came out; my eyes still puffy. I was wearing our uniform skirt even though I had only wore it once before. I wasn’t a big fan of skirt I just wore the uniform pants and the baggy polo every single day (but I had excessive pairs). “Thanks Alison you always have everything I need when I need it!” she smiled and directed me to sit on the counter. She opened up her makeup bag. She lifted up some tool to apply something on my face “Wait what are you doing?” I didn’t wear makeup so I didn’t find the need to learn about it.