Chapter 4

Ilena’s POV

It’s been a week and Zander didn’t make any move on me. Well he couldn’t really make one since I avoided him at all cost. But why did I have to go and meet him? I’m going to blame it all on parents. I was at home just reading a book for like the 5th time. “I really need new books” I said to myself. Then suddenly my mom and dad barged into my room. The funny thing about my parents is that they never knock and that they’re nothing like me.  They want me to have fun and they actually encourage me to go to parties. Which I highly prefer not to do I mean I might come back with a baby in the oven.

“Sweetie” my mom started “It’s a beautiful day outside you should go get some ice cream with some of your friends” I gave her a blank expression. “Mom you know that Alison always visits her grandma on Saturdays” she sighed in disappointement. My dad gave her a nod of the head and slightly cracked his knuckles. Next thing I knew my parents had kicked me out and I was sitting on the front porch.

10 minutes passed and I started to get really annoyed thankfully my parents didn’t close the garage door so I opened it. But my parents did do the smart thing and locked the door to enter the house so I was stuck outside. I decided to go roller skating.

It was my favorite thing to do before I got more serious into my studies. But I did forget how hard it actually was. I mean I was always a clumsy girl but on roller skates I was even worse I kept crashing into walls, benches, polls, everything. Then somehow I stumbled backwards and was caught by a pair of muscular arms.

I quickly got up and turned around to meet the person’s face. “Thank—” I looked to see who was there and I didn’t believe my eyes. Zander Williams he was standing in front of me smirking. I don’t know what came over me other than complete panic. I tried to escape but just fell flat on my face. “Well done Ilena” I whispered to myself. I looked up he was looking down at me trying hard not to laugh. I dragged myself all the way to the bench.

“Someone’s been avoiding me” he said before sitting beside me. “No shish kabob Sherlock” he gave me a perplexed look. “I don’t swear” he nodded in agreement “Well that’s stupid!” I couldn’t believe he had just said that comment out of nowhere. And how rude was that?! “So are you!” I said coldly before getting up. Honestly, I didn’t know how I was going to get up because I knew that I would just fall again. But Zander tugged on my arm and ordered to sit down. Sadly I did because I had to admit: Zander was kind of scary. I mean Alison and I didn’t call him the Beast for nothing. “You’ve been avoiding me all week I’m not gonna let you escape this time”

“Gonna isn’t a word it’s not even a contraction” I said looking off the distance so I could avoid his gaze. And I guarantee that he was probably looking at me like I was some psycho alien. ."I don’t care about grammar nerd! I ain’t ever gonna stop talking like this” I knew that he did it on purpose to use two slang words (ain’t and gonna). “Look” I started before turning around to face him. “I don’t like you and you clearly don’t like me, so why don’t you just forget about this whole bet thing and move on. I mean I liked it when I passed the hallways unnoticed!” “I can’t.” He answered vaguely. “I already declared you mine and there’s not turning back on a bet” he grabbed my head and gave me a hickey at the same spot before. “It was fading” he whispered as soon as he finished and I slapped. “What the? Did you just slap me?” He gave me an angry look and I squealed lightly. “Yah because first of all what gives you the right to do that and especially in public!” I yelled before getting and falling again. I forgot that I still had my skates on. I decided to take them off. I started to walk away but it wasn’t a good idea because half way down the road I stepped on a broken piece of glass. My ankle was quickly covered with blood. I fell on the grass. I saw Zander scurrying over to see why I collapsed on the grass. Then I noticed there was something on his back: a girl.