Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I was walking up the front steps of his house. Was I nervous? Of course I was nervous. I was asked to a dinner to meet Zander William’s parents. How could this be happening? I don’t even know why I said yes these kinds of things only made me more nervous than I already am in a casual day. Then again when he had asked me Brenda was squealing like an over-exited pig (she really was). I rang the doorbell and it was quickly answered. “Hey” Zander said casually. He gave me an elevator look more times than needed “You look goooooddddd.” It was stupid how he dragged the word. I slightly slapped him on the shoulder. When I walked in my dress floated slightly. I really hated this if I had the choice I would’ve just warn jeans and my “Tigger is that you?” t-shirt but my mom insisted that I wore something fancier. She forced me to wear something that I would normally wear to church. It was a floral dress that I found pretty it’s just that it wasn’t for me. But I’d convinced my mom into letting me wear my favorite pear of purple converse so it still had a touch of Ilena. “Oh hi Ilena I didn’t know you were coming.” Zander’s mom said. I looked over at him with a dirty face. What kind of lam-o invites someone to meet the parents and don’t even tell the parents. Thankfully before it could become any more awkward Jamie cam skipping down the stairs. She was wearing a pretty yellow dress and she looked way more comfortable in it then me.

“Doesn’t someone look royal” I said before curtsying. She giggled and ran to give me a hug that only reached my knees.”Do you wanna play with me?” she asked. “Of course.” I said “Hop on!” I piggy backed her and imitated the sound of an airplane. I spread out my arms and skipped into the living room. I stopped in front of the couch. “Attention passengers we’re are about to crash land. Fasten your seat belts!” I suddenly dropped her on the couch. She gave me nothing but giggles. “Oh look Jamie has fallen into the ocean” I grabbed the couch pillow that she was sitting on and rocked so it would felt like she was on waves. I looked up and into the kitchen (A.N: The living room and kitchen are in the same room kinda like a big open space.) I saw that both Zander and his mom were staring at me smirking playfully. It was funny how they both had the same smirk. I blushed furiously and stopped rocking Jamie. I cleared my throat. “Come on Jamie maybe we should sit down.” I walked towards the table and sat down. “Fine but I’m going to sit beside you.” Zander quickly took the seat that Jamie wanted. “Hey!” she screamed I shot Zander a big dirty looked while he held a nice grin that I hated to admit but he looked so cute doing it.

“It’s okay you can sit on the other seat beside me.” I felt a hot breath on my neck I didn’t turn around but he spoke “Someone’s good with kids; note for the future.” I knew what he was talking about and I started blushing even more. I was forced to start slapping my cheeks so they’d return to their pale selves. He was crazy if he thought that I was ever going to do that with him... he was mistaken. He may as well move to (T) Sexax while I went to Virgin (ia) beach. (A.N: Warning: Lame jokes like this may be occurred during the whole book so be prepared :P) Suddenly there was a ring at the doorbell. Zander’s mom went to go answer it. You could hear the low voice of the person standing outside the door. The voice that cause Zander to freeze up but when he realized that I was staring he gave me a cheesy line “See something you like?” he said doing some mad eyebrow action (not so cute). Right when I was about to reply someone who look strangely a lot like Zander came into the dining room. I kept looking at his dad and back, dad and back. His mom broke the silence “Why didn’t you open the door whit your keys.” “I tried” he explained “but it didn’t work!” they went outside to go check while they were outside Zander whispered in my ear “I hired a guy to switch the lock and my mom’s keys...” I laughed but then stopped myself and gave him a shame-on-you face. He just gave me a smile.

Finally they came back and his dad sat down at the table. “So son...” Mr. Danuta started. Zander winced at the word son. What had happened between them? In psychology they did say that people aren’t ever used to separation and tend to get mad at the person who left but he dislike his dad so much to change his last name that couldn’t be it. Zander’s mom came in and out of the dining room table each time bringing in a new dish. I was literally drooling. My parents were always doing weird things so when it was diner time they were already tangled up in some mess so we ended up ordering take out. Things like pizza, Chinese food, subs, etc. were our go to supper. “Who is this girl you’ve invited?” I hardly heard what he said because I was eyeing all the food but I still responded emptily “I’m Ilena I got to his school.” “She’s my girlfriend.” Zander added with a smirk. Or should I say, lied with an evil smirk. I was about to respond but Zander put his hand on my thigh and that meant on bear skin since I was wearing a dress. We was going higher and higher meaning for me to shut up. I bit my lip and grabbed his hand to hold it and raise it over the table.