Chapter 9

Zander’s POV

“Zander Matthew Williams you get your butt down here!” After I had that fight with my dad I had skipped out on coming home and all family dinners because I knew he’d be there. Either it was practice, hanging with guys, parties or just staying out the house anything to not have to face them. But this time I couldn’t avoid it. “

Yah mom.” I replied skipping down the stairs. I immediately turned up the music that I was listening to on my iPod. “Where have you been?’ she asked throwing her hands in the air. I stepped back a little because she was holding a knife (still cooking as always).

“Busy” I answered simply. She scowled “I really don’t like your tone young man. And I certainly don’t like the way you were talking to your father the other night.” I paused the music. “He deserved it.” My mom shook her head. “Nobody deserves anything even after many mistakes.” She stated. I didn’t get it. “So you’re telling me that you’re going to forgive him for cheating on you!” I screamed. “Zander,” She yelled whispered “Jamie may be able to here you!”

“It doesn’t matter let her know that dad is a dirty, lying traitor.” But I still whispered what I had said. I didn’t want Jamie knowing about this at such a young age. “Zander all I’m trying to say is that you can try to be nice to your father I mean we might not have the best relationship in fact it pains me at just the sight of him.

But I put all those insecurities aside for you to have a normal and nice relationship with your own father.” I sighed I could see the desperation and sadness in her eyes. “I’m sorry.” I finally said moving over to kiss her a cheek. “On the bright side I won’t have to see him ‘till next month.” My mom suddenly froze. “Um well...not exactly.”

Ilena’s POV

I was at home on a Saturday night doing what I would usually do. Have a camp out on my couch with a huge bowl of popcorn and watch a sappy movie that would make me cry of either laughter or compassion. Tonight I was watching My girl.

I already watched this movie seven times but an eight couldn’t hurt. It was also something to get my mind off the fact that I wasn’t tutoring him. I don’t know why but it’s been killing me. I guess I was so use to skipping study hall that I’m now EXTREMELY bored in there now. But that didn’t make any sense because now I hate going to school in general. And I love school, well used to it was the highlight of my day.

But now learning seems like a waste of time. Last night my parents had told me that I needed to go out to a party or something and I found myself actually considering it! What was happening to me I mean I did a bunch of things I would never do.

The worst part was I went into the boys’ locker room. In the gym where they take showers and change and stuff. Right when I was about to head for the kitchen to get a snack to calm my overactive nerves the doorbell rang. I waited for my parents to answer it. At the second ring I remembered that they went out bowling (they offered me an invite but of course I said no I mean bowling alone with your parents how loner is that?!)

I decided just to ignore whoever it was but it was pretty hard with them ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing!! Finally I went to go open the door. “What?!” I screamed at the top of my lungs which kind of frightened Zander who was standing at the door. “What are you doing here?” I asked quickly. It sounded cold but sad at the same time because I was still teary eyed from the movie. “Well hello to you to” he said. I laughed he tilted his head as if he was thinking.

“You know when you’re cry like that and you laugh I don’t know whether to hug you or laugh along with you.” I laughed again. “No but seriously why are you here?” I said a little more calmly this time. “It’s cause you said that we should hangout sometime and I figured it could be now so...I came” there was an awkward moment of silence (A.N: Gay baby’s born!! :p)

He finally broke the silence like Zander always did.”Well aren’t you gonna invite me in.” I opened up the door wider and gestured him to come in. “So what are you doing?” he probably notice my strange choice of clothing.

Oh wait he hasn’t seen me outside of school is this what he thinks I wear in public? “Well I didn’t know I was going to have people or you over so I wore my old clothes.” He chuckled “So I’m not people?” I ignored his comment “I set up my Saturday tears movie night.” He looked at me with a confused face and sat down on the couch.

He was about to take a handful of popcorn but I slapped his hand away and mouthed “My popcorn” “I have to watch a movie that’ll either make me cry of laughter or compassion and if it doesn’t than I stay angry the rest of the week.” He started laughing “So when you watch a bad movie you stay grumpy all week.” I nodded it didn’t seem so weird to me.

“So you watch a bad movie all the time?” he said teaching. This only got him a nice punch on the shoulder. “I mean if a movie isn’t good of course I’ll be mad. I mean I wasted two hours of my life watching something that may supposedly rot my brain. It better be good.”

“So you’re watching something that may supposedly rot my brain. It better he good.” “So are you watching something that will make you sad or is it funny.” “Both it’s My girl it’s funny but really sad at the end I’ll just restart it.” I could see him insisting no but he came over he would have to respect the way I did things now back to the movie. Why Thomas J? Why?!

Zander’s POV

I was relieved that Ilena changed the movie to a comedy only. But eventually she fell asleep and the movie ended. So I decided to put back the old movie. What was it girl of mine or something like that. The movie was ending and then came the sad part. I’ll admit it was actually really sad. Thank God Ilena was asleep I didn’t want her to see me all soft. Wait she was sleeping on my lap. She totally forgot that I was still a guy with raging hormones that take over at any time. I felt like grabbing her and planting a big kiss right on her lips. But I couldn’t because I was to lame to even ask her out on a stupid date. Bet or not I was already losing. I mean I did promise her  I would stop with the flirting and if I asked her out or anything she would think it’s a joke. Maybe I could tell her now while she was sleeping. “Hey Ilena I wanna ask you something.” I laughed because of three reasons.

1.       I was nervous even though I was talking to the girl I wanted to ask out in her sleep.

2.       Technically I was talking to myself

3.       At lease I knew thru all this I could imagine her saying yes

“Ilena I really I like you and I’d really like to go on a date with you and I know, I know that you think it’s just for the bet but just one chance please.” I could see her features soften and even a smile. Well I hope she was dreaming well. I started to stroke her hair until she grabbed my hand while she was still asleep. I tried to get it out but even when I was off the couch she was still had a grip on my hand. “What a girp for such a skinny girl I said like she could understand me. I swear I heard her whisper “Thanks I get it from my mom.” But I guess I was just dreaming.                                     

   --------------------------------------------------

Okay I was going to make this chapter but I decided to cut it.

The bad news: You guys get a shorter chapter

The good news: You’ll get the next chapter faster since I already have a quarter of it done.

So fans I really hope you vote and comment cause I held in my pee for you guys just to finish writing this chapter...(TMI ik but whateves....)

Anyways have a nice week...btw I’m going to start putting dates so you know exactly when the chap is coming up. But beware it may come the morning of that day or the afternoon or even at midnight depends.....

Xoxoxox I love you all (Except for you Gaea from the Heroes of Olympus series you really get on my nerves!!)

Cuteblossom804 (I know I can always change it but nah!! :P)