Cash Is A Girl's Best Friend

Cleo's POV

B-troupe rehearsal was about to start, but Izzy ran into class late, again. It was like the third time that week. I knew that she had business to take care of, but come on! Where are your priorities, Izzy? However, I knew that it was serious when she pulled me aside.

"Cleo, I have a plan! I know how we can do this!"

"Izzy, now is not the time!" It was great that she had thought of a good way to end this disaster but in the middle of rehearsal? 

Izzy's POV

"Cleo, it is always 'the time'. Listen, Emily said that if we can work up the flight money  then we can go to London with A-troupe!" I needed her to be excited. I couldn't do it without my best friend.

"Izzy, I appreciate the enthusiasm here but how are you going to do that? For us two alone, that's $1,156, and I won't come unless Jude's coming. I mean... um..."

"Cleo, if you want Jude to come, that's fine. We only have to come up with $1,652!"

"Wow, that was a quick calculation. Um.. Izzy, no offence, but that's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible. In fact, as someone once told me, 'you're an amazing person'! We can do this! We just need a fundraiser!"

"Um... okay, how about we ask B-troupe?"

"That's a great idea!"  

"Thanks, now take your place in the routine please! You've been holding up rehearsal!" She says jokingly. 

...

Cleo's POV

After rehearsal, and before anyone could run out of the room, I asked, "Listen up! Do any of you guys know how to raise $1,652?"

Silence.

"It's for an opportunity to go to London with A-troupe!" I added on.

"I know, how about a car wash?"

"A car wash, please, what we need is a cake sale!"

"No-no-no-no-no, what we need is our own thrift store!"

"Or a monetized tea channel!"

Jude sighed at these hopeless ideas. "Guys, calm down! How about we stick to what we're good at? I suggest a showcase to show off what we can do. To show what the 'B' in B-troupe really stands for."

Everyone looked at each other before applauding Jude on her fabulous idea. I could feel myself heating up.

"Congrats Jude! Looks like you'll take up the final seat on the plane to London!" I exclaimed, as if I wasn't already gonna find a way to get her to come.

"I'm so excited!" she squealed before throwing her arms around me. You could tell Izzy was jealous, so I made a mental note to talk to her.

"Okay so who's in?" Izzy asked.

Silence.

"Come on, guys! It'll be fun!" Jude pleaded.

"That's easy for you to say- you actually get something out of this." Ethan said, looking Jude up and down.

"Um, don't speak to Jude like that." I responded, spreading my arms out in front of her to protect her.

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Relax, you guys! You will get something out of this. Not only will you get the opportunity to better yourself as dancers, but also as performers. This is our time to shine! So, who's in?" the cute blonde asked.

"I'm in!"

"Me too!"

"Count me in!"

"I am!"

One by one, everyone started to agree. Well, except for Ethan, of course.

"Ethan? Are you in?"

He sighed. "Fine, blondie, but I still think that the tea channel would have been better."

Izzy's POV

Ugh, typical Ethan thinking he's the best. Someone needed to humble him.

"Anyways, looks like we'll be having the best showcase this studio has ever seen!" I squealed, jumping around in excitement.

"Indeed, we will, Izzy. Ethan and Marcus, you can do that contemporary duet; Grace, Maya, Winnie and Jude, you have a small group; Jude and Izzy, you both have solos..."

Cleo carried on assigning dances to all of us. I was going to do a solo!

"Come on, guys, let's celebrate! How about drinks? They're on me today!" I was willing to be kind- it was a special occasion after all.

And so we walked out of the door, hand in hand. A-troupe had better watch out, because B-troupe was the best troupe. Periodt.

A/N: Hey guys! So I know that I've been the worst with my schedule lately, but online school is actually the worst! I know that's such a cliché response but you'd be surprised at the work we're  getting at my school right now! Anyways, hope that you're all happy and well!
Love you all,
SummerDancer12376 x