Leaving Home

Piper's POV

I got home and collapsed onto my bed. A lot had happened but I wouldn't have changed a single moment for the world. Finn kissed me, I told Amy about the kiss and rejected Finn, I was told that I was going to be in a documentary, I had a severe anxiety attack, I was saved by my knight-in-shining-armour, I quit the documentary, I ruined my friendship with my knight-in-shining-armour and then got back on the documentary. Darn.

Lily's POV

I was just looking through all of the photos of Kingston and I on Insta, when my mother barged through the door like she owned the place. I mean, technically she did own the place, but you get what I mean.

"Good evening, Lily."

"Hi, Mom."

"It is Good evening, Mother to you."

"Yeah, whatever. What you want?"

She took a deep sigh and muttered, "I really don't understand what you see in that basement dancer. He's changed you into somebody who is certainly not my daughter."

No one treated my Kingston that way.

"Ok Mom, first of all, I'll call you Mom if I wanna call you Mom. Second, of all, how dare you say horrid things about Kingston. How dare you judge someone based off someone they used to be? He is so much more than a 'basement dancer'. He means more to me than anyone." My mother gave me a look that said, What about me?, as if she had treated me like a human being. I continued. "Oh, and FYI, this is your daughter. Right here. Liliana Catherine Ortencio. This is me, and if you can't accept that, then what sort of a mother are you?" Somehow, I finished my speech in tears.

Angela's POV

I was bedazzled. And I don't mean the dancing type. She actually did that.

"Well," I said, trying to internally compose myself, "I just came to ask you about joining your dad at Electricity. He's done well at rounding up some TNS dancers, and you're next." I had to say this whilst stuttering, of course. I wasn't scared of my own daughter, was I?

"NO!"

"What do you mean no?" I was calm, but edgy.

"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME, ANGELA! I SAID NO!" I was shocked. "I belong at The Next Step. Why don't you two see that?" she said, in a softer tone.

"Because you don't, Lily!"

...

Cleo's POV

I was just packing up for the night when I heard some mumbling in the distance. Luckily, I had sharp ears.

"Izzy will regret rejecting me. I am going to destroy her- and I don't mean that as a figure of speech."

I had no idea who they were, but it sounded like they were intending to hurt Izzy badly. I needed to warn her. And fast.

...

Lily's POV

I had had it. I belonged at The Next Step. I left the room with a sudden urge to pack my things.

Once I had finished packing, I stood at the front door and looked around. I had spent my whole life here. But I had to go. For my own good.

Just as I put my hand on the door handle, she came up to me.

"Liliana, where in God's name are you going at 10pm?"

"Anywhere but here."

"So you're leaving? Because I told you the truth?"

"It's not just that, Mom. It's everything. The way you treat me. The way Dad treats me. The way that I have been feeling around this place that I'm expected to call home. I don't belong here."

She was speechless.

"Goodbye, Mom."

"Goodbye Lily. I'll miss you." She was crying. She never cried.

I walked out into the streets and started to stare into space. Now the only thing I had to do was figure out what to do.