36 - Monsters

☻♡

☻♡

36 - Monsters

Michael got close to no sleep during the night. His mind was running too fast with thoughts and worry.

Nothing was right. He was struggling with himself and his emotions.

How could he let himself fall into such a dark, seductive game? He just let them in all over again like they never committed murder.

He was desperate and angry last night, and it was his way of getting out that stress.

These feelings—these goddamn, stupid emotions—were becoming too much for Michael and he wanted to let go of them.

He wished he didn't care and that he could see past all of this.

But the reality of the situation is that Waine was still being held in the basement. The reality was that Calum, Luke, and Ashton were murderers.

But the ultimate reality was that Michael still loved them.

He's so blind. He's so utterly messed up.

The only thing that Michael could do was take advantage of their night of intimacy to get what he needs: emotional escape. Escape from these thoughts and struggles.

He'd act like everything was fine and normal. Not only to himself, but to the other three. If he could somehow forget about the evil things they've done they could be happy together again.

Michael just had to push back all of his doubt and force himself to accept Luke, Calum, and Ashton

Running away from his problems was his only way to save himself from these negative and guilty thoughts. Ignoring the issues and the evil was the only way. He couldn't accept them otherwise.

"Guys?" Michael suddenly asked, gaining the attention of Ashton and Calum.

Luke was already at work for his morning shift, leaving Michael with Calum and Ashton as they all were lazily attempting to get up for the day from last night's events.

It was the first night that they all slept together again and Michael was glad that he let it happen, so he could continue with the plan of forgetting and avoiding the real issues going on.

"Yeah, baby?" Calum asked in response with expecting eyes.

"Is it alright if I make you breakfast?" He asked softly, trying to become that old similar person to them again.

"Of course." Ashton smiled softly, starting to run his right hand delicately through Michael's soft hair. Seeing Michael's small blush and smile from this touch made Ashton's heart flutter.

Could things actually get back to normal between Michael and the three of them?

Prying himself out of the bed, Michael quickly stretched out his arms before sending Calum and Ashton a small smile before leaving the room.

"I don't want to ruin this moment, Ashton...I really don't." Calum said worriedly as his eyes trailed to the door where Michael just exited out of and back to Ashton when he faced him, "But what if he's trying to leave?"

"I doubt it, Cal." Ashton frowned, staring into the worried brown eyes, "He's trusting us and we need to trust him in return."

"I want to. I do. But one slip us and he's away from us and we're locked away like some monsters."

"We are monsters. But we're smart ones. We'd never let anyone or anything separate us from one another."

"That's why I'm going out there." Calum sighed when he slid out of bed before looking down at Ashton, "Until we're completely sure where Michael's head is at we need to be watching him."

"Okay, Cal." Ashton answered, knowing that Calum was just being overcome with his worry.

Ashton didn't blame him with the fact that him being separated from the other three was his worst fear as well. But it was his usual trust and positivity towards Michael that made him blindly believe that Michael was already accepting of all of this, even though in reality it was going to take so much more than just time.

Climbing out of the bed as well, Ashton followed the worried Calum down the hall and into the living room. Calum's eyes instantly fell onto the door, letting out a sigh of relief when he saw it still closed and locked.

Just to be completely sure he ventured into the kitchen, feeling even more relief when he saw Michael with his back facing towards him.

"What is it?" Michael asked confused when he peered over his shoulder at them and as he cracked an egg against the counter's surface and let it fall onto the hot pan placed over the stove.

"Just making sure you weren't leaving." Calum let out his paranoia, noticing Michael's small frown from this.

Ashton simply sat down at the table placed in the middle of the room, watching Calum's and Michael's moment.

"I'm trying, Cal." Michael frowned before turning back around to face the pan.

"I know." Calum said before placing himself behind Michael, wrapping his arms around his waist and leaning his chin on top of the shorter ones shoulder, "And I love you so much for it."

In an instance where Michael would have easily said the three powerful words back, he couldn't bring himself to do it. And Calum noticed.

"This is going to be hard. But I know that we can push through this together. Because I love you, Ashton, and Luke more than anything else in this world. You three are the only things that I do love. We can't do it without you, Michael baby."

"I...I know." Michael replied before diligently flipping an egg on the pan, "I shouldn't love you as much as I do. It hurts like hell."

"But it's worth it." Calum hummed and placed a soft kiss onto Michael's neck, "We're surrounded by death. But we're also surrounded by each other."

"You are death."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Calum smirked playfully and bit at Michael's skin, earning a shudder from the one who was still cooking.

"You can't tell me that you don't feel a rush, baby. A dark seductive rush knowing that you belong to such terrible and evil men. That you're the only one who can tame us." Calum continued his act, traveling his hands down to sensually caress Michael's skin once they slid underneath his shirt.

Michael tried to focus at the task at hand, but Calum's hands and his continuous breathe hitting his ear and neck was making it utterly impossible.

"I think deep down you love it. You love how powerful we are and you love how we're able to make you feel. Last night was only a taste of how dominated you could be."

"Calum..." Michael took in a deep breathe, whining when Calum's hands raised up over his skin and sharply pinched his nipples, "I'm cooking."

"I'm much rather eat you right up." Calum smirked even more, reaching his right hand over to turn the stove off and to turn Michael around to face him.

Michael instantly blushed, grabbing onto Calum's biceps when he leaned forwards and teased him by placing his lips right in front of his.

Ashton finally cut into their moment with a small laugh, "Cal, give him a break. He was already pounded by you last night against the couch."

"Even more reason to switch it up and pound him against the counter instead."

—•••—

Poor Michael, huh? He's so stuck in his head that he doesn't even know how to think. 😞

What do you say? Should he accept their love or deny it?

⁎⁺˳