51 - I'll Never Love You Again

☻♡

☻♡

51 - I'll Never Love You Again

Michael was oblivious to the truth of everything going on, but how was that anything new?

He had no idea Calum loved the pain Ashton and Luke gave him, using the protector card as a cover up to make Michael slowly trust at least one of them.

So Michael was still left to accept Calum's protection from Luke and Ashton, being fed with guilt as he kept seeing more and more bruises and cuts on Calum's tan skin.

He didn't know what to do. He lost track of time, but if he had to guess it had been almost a month of being there with the three.

Michael felt so broken and guilty. He didn't want to be there. He's done so much to get away from them, but all of his effort didn't mean a thing. And he felt so overwhelmingly bad for Calum.

Michael didn't think he could face Calum's 'abuse' anymore. It really was only a matter of time before Michael snapped and Calum couldn't do anything to protect him from the other two.

It was in the middle of the night and Michael was sitting in his usual chair, since he still refused to get in the bed with them. He'd been tiredly staring at the sleeping Calum for hours, thinking about everything and about his plans of how to fix this.

Michael's mind was in a fog. He didn't know he was being manipulated into trusting Calum. Plus he wasn't getting enough sleep and he was experiencing too much anxiety to really think clearly.

He finally got up onto his feet and slowly made his way to the side of the bed, glad that Calum wasn't in the middle tonight and was on the left side of the bed instead.

Michael gently shook Calum's shoulder, watching the brunette come back to reality and instantly look up at Michael in confusion.

Michael put a finger up to his own mouth, referencing for Calum to be quiet. He motioned for Calum to follow him outside the room, which the brunette confusedly and slowly did.

The two made their ways into the dark living room before Michael started explaining himself to Calum.

"We're leaving, Calum." Michael whispered.

"What?" Calum asked loudly with squinted eyes, making Michael shush him quietly.

"We need to go while they're sleeping, Cal. It's you and I. They'll never hurt me again. They'll never hurt you again, Calum. Please. Let's leave."

"Michael—"

"No." Michael shook his head rapidly, "There's no reason for us to stay. If we leave together then we can escape. We can. We need to."

"Stop, Michael—"

"Calum, no, it's okay. We have each other, right? We can do this. We don't have to be afraid of them anymore."

"Baby, please just—"

"No, Calum—"

It was Michael's turn to be interrupted once Calum harshly grabbed his shoulders and brought him dangerously closer. This made Michael sharply gasp and scarily glance up at Calum, even though it was too dark to see anything other than the outline of his head.

"There is no leaving, Michael. You're ours and you can't change that. You were meant to be here with us. If you try to leave I'll be forced to do something I really don't want to do, sweetheart."

"B-But..." Michael was at a loss of words. He was sure Calum would agree with him. They should already be out of this cabin and fleeing by now, making distance between Luke and Ashton.

"Just go to sleep and try to calm down, okay? There's no good in constantly thinking about trying to leave when we're never going to let it happen."

"No." Michael shook his head violently, "I'm leaving, Calum. With or without you..."

"...Oh is that right?"

Michael felt an instant jolt of fear go down his spine when he heard another voice join the conversation from the bedroom door. He saw two dark outlines slowly walking into the living room, making Michael violently move backwards to free himself from Calum's grip and to be closer to the front door.

"How many times do we have to go through this, kitten?" Ashton's voice was heard, "You're not leaving and you never will."

Michael didn't say anything. He didn't even make a move. He was scared, like always.

He could only stare ahead at the three figures within the dark room, hating his life and hating everything they've done to him. Pure anger and hatred was starting to take over and Michael couldn't push it away for the first time in his life.

"You're all disgusting. You realize that right?" He paused for only a second, his voice full of scorn, "You disgust me. You say everything is for love, but it's all just an excuse. All you know is pain. You're selfish and you just take what you want. I'll never love you again."

And with that said, Michael sprang into action. He surged forwards at the door, quickly running out with no second to spare. He didn't even check for nails, but he luckily didn't step on any if they were out there.

Now Michael was oblivious—and quite honestly stupid sometimes—but he knew they were going to catch him. They were right behind him; there was no getting away.

But his plan wasn't to get away. It was to find something—to find anything—he could use as leverage. So he rounded the house, seeing a small shed towards the back of the cabin.

He sprinted towards the building, quickly closing the door behind him and latching it closed. It only took a few seconds after for the three to start pounding at the door and screaming for Michael to let them in.

He turned around with hopes of finding a weapon like a knife or even a stick. Anything. Michael was mentally prepared to fight for himself this time. He had no plans of backing down.

But what he found in the shed only added more and more anxiety to Michael's situation.

"W-Waine?"

—•••—

C'mon now did you really think I'd kill off the infamous Waine that early? 😏

⁎⁺˳