7 - Evil and Murderous Things

☻♡

☻♡

7 - Evil and Murderous Things

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Michael asked when he unlocked the door to the apartment and guided Kelsey through the entrance and towards the couch.

He saw her eyes start to water as she said, "I just don't know who to tell. I know that you're friends with both Brent and me. I...I just don't know what to do."

"Whatever it is you can trust me. I won't tell Brent if it's something bad." He let her know just in case it was an abusive situation.

Brent was his friend, but that didn't mean that he knew everything about him. He had to take the precaution for Kelsey's case.

So many people wear masks and Brent could be someone completely different with Kelsey. You just never knew for sure who people were or could be behind closed doors.

"Oh no." She laughed whole-heartedly as she caught on to what he was referencing to, "He's not like that I promise. But thank you for caring."

She took a deep breathe in before saying, "After class and after we went different ways, I went to the bathroom and took a test."

She then picked up something that made his eyes widen: a pregnancy test. She started crying as she said, "M-My period is l-late...It says that I'm...p-pregnant."

"Kelsey." Michael said when he brought her into an encouraging hug, "It's going to be okay. You're strong and I know that whatever you choose I'll be here to support you."

She nodded into his chest as she kept crying, resulting in him soothing her by patting her back in support. Once she calmed down she pulled away from him and asked, "What do I even tell Brent?"

"You just have to be honest with him." Michael said seriously, "It'll be hard, but he loves you. He'll be there for you. And at the end of the day, it's you who is carrying that baby. It's always ultimately your choice about what to do. But I know that Brent will support and love you to the end of time. Alright?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Michael. I really appreciate having you as a friend. You just always seem to make the best out of any situation." She said with a smile, obviously still shaken up, but now at least with some more clarity about the situation.

The moment was interrupted by a phone call from her phone, making her look at it with a laugh. "Speaking of the devil." She said before showing Michael that it was Brent who was calling her.

She then excused herself to pick up the call when she went towards the bathroom. Michael casually scrolled through his phone to kill off the time—of course viewing his most recent Instagram feed—before she came back and said with a small laugh, "He's at my place, since he thought that I would be there."

"Wow. How ironic."

"I'm going to head over there now. But thank you for this. I'll keep you updated with everything." She smiled thankfully as she pulled him into a large hug.

"Do you want me to order you an Uber? Or I can drive you there myself?" He asked when she started gathering her things.

Being a broke college student who lived fairly close to the school, he set it as a mission to always walk to and from school.

He only used my car when he absolutely needed to, which is only when a location he need to be at is too far of a distance to travel by foot to.

"I already ordered an Uber myself." She cheekily smiled, "Like you said: I'm a strong woman."

"Yeah, you are." He encouraged her with a small laugh.

"It's here." She said as she got a notification on her phone and walked to the door, "Bye, Mike."

"Bye. Be safe for yourself and for mini Kelsey." He smiled when she laughed and waved herself off.

He sank myself into the couch with a loud sigh. This was crazy. I wonder how Brent was going to take it? Like he said to Kelsey, he thinks Brent will be supportive.

You can just see the love he has for her radiate off of him. But still, this was a huge and an out of the blue situation.

With a huff, Michael walked into his room and picked up his laptop. Sitting in the middle of his bed, he turned the laptop on and started typing 'reasons for killing sprees' into the search bar for the research paper. After that, time easily passed after a couple of hours.

But unfortunately he got no where with his paper. He read through articles with theories and scientific data that relate to past investigated killing sprees. But yet nothing clicked in his head with what it could be with the certain spree happening in my city.

He knew that he could just pick any random idea and plug in some psychological theories alongside it and there's the paper, but he wanted to come up with something that he at least believed could be a potential answer to the case.

Michael groaned stressfully as he just blankly stared at the screen until he shut it down and put it away. Something that helps him distress was taking showers. He knew that it doesn't really make sense, but he could take a long and borderline burning hot shower, and it would feel like the weight has been taken off of his shoulders.

So he trudged himself to the bathroom, turning the hot nob on when he undressed myself. He then just stood under the water for a good ten minutes before he started to actually wash himself. But then after he stood there again as he felt the warm water wash off his feelings.

What could possibly be the reason for why this killing spree was occurring?

He know that he was being too hard on himself. He was only a college student and there hasn't even been evidence that's been collected within the official investigation. There weren't even any leads yet.

But still he wanted to be someone who can stop these evil and murderous things from happening. There's already been too many victims, and this city didn't need any more.

Then his thoughts somehow shifted from the murders to the three certain men who have been making him even more confused. Weird transition of thoughts, he knew.

He still didn't understand what they meant when they asked him if he was "just" referring to their friendship, and why they seemed so tense and upset after. It didn't make sense, and they didn't make sense.

Michael wished that they would start giving him clear answers, but they've recently just been making anything about them even more foggier.

He just want to get to know them better and to have his questions answered. He wanted to have a friendship with them, but sometimes they made it too hard to do so.

Why was nothing making sense recently?

—•••—

The story hit 1K views, thank you guys so much!

This chapter is sorta small, so I'll update again within a couple days. :)

— ☆⁎⁺˳✧༚