52 - There's Someone Else

☻♡

☻♡

52 - There's Someone Else

"W-Waine?"

Michael was shaking as he stared down at the man who was sitting on the ground with his back against the wooden walls.

The man in front of him was covered with dirt and dried blood. He was extremely malnourished with how small he was compared to before. His hair was past his shoulders by now and his beard was grown out.

But it was definitely Waine.

"Michael?" Waine asked shocked, trying to move forwards and up onto his feet. But a pair of chains that connected to the bottom of the wall and to Waine's ankles stopped him from doing so.

"You're alive?" Michael asked both surprised and relieved. He dropped to his knees and brought Waine into a hug, starting to cry out from the flood of emotions. There was just too much going on for Michael not to cry, "How are you alive? They told me you were dead?"

"Michael, you need to listen to me before they get in." Waine ordered urgently, pushing Michael away from the hug to look him in the eyes.

"This is all so much bigger than just them three. There's so much more."

"What do you mean?" Michael asked confused, trying to ignore the obvious sound of bodies running into the door to open it.

"They were in prison for five years before they came back for me. How do you think I was able to live for that long if I was locked away? And how do you think they were able to get such good lawyers to where they were only sentenced to five years...?"

Michael felt his heart drop.

"There's someone else..."

Pieces started to fall together.

The night Michael met them, Luke had been stabbed. They still refused to tell Michael how or why he was hurt.

There was no way they would of only gotten five years with the mediocre lawyers they would have gotten themselves without any help. So how were they able to get such good lawyers? How were they able to make a judge so lenient on their "punishment" of five years?

"Be careful and protect yourself." Waine ordered seriously, "Nothing is as it seems."

But then the door slammed open, making Michael panically turn around and fall backwards onto the ground, well mostly on Waine.

"No!" Michael screamed, kicking at Luke when the blonde rushed over to grab him. Of course it was no good. No matter how much he screamed or struggled, Luke eventually got ahold of Michael and lifted him over his right shoulder just like when Michael was captured in the woods.

"Stop!" Michael continued to yell and cry out, seeing Calum and Ashton quickly following behind after they shut the door to the shed, "Let me go, Luke!"

Michael sharply closed his eyes and violently moved his body to the right, letting gravity take over to let him fall to the ground. He groaned out from the pain of the impact, but he didn't have any time to spare.

He tried to turn away and get up to make some distance between them, but he could only cry out when he felt someone sharply grab his forearms and bring him onto his feet, dragging him back to the house.

"What the actual hell is wrong with you?" Ashton growled out and pushed Michael inside, glaring at the crying man while Luke and Calum made their ways in. Calum switched the lights on, seeing Michael's tears, Ashton's menacing glare, and Luke's blank expression.

"Me? What's wrong with me?" Michael yelled out in shock, "What the hell is wrong with you? I know something bigger than just the three of you is going on! How is he alive?"

None of them answered. They only stared ahead at Michael, making Michael even more angered.

"How is he alive?" Michael yelled out again, demanding an answer, "Stop being bullshitters and just tell me what's going on!"

"I would advise you to stop speaking." Ashton said with his large glare still evident on his face.

"Or what, Ashton? Are you going to keep glaring at me? Is Luke going to keep giving me the silent treatment? Is Calum going to pretend to help me just so he can get tossed around? You're not going to do shit to me."

"Take a shower and clean yourself up." Ashton said calmly, too calmly, "Then we'll talk about your attitude."

"Whatever." Michael rolled his eyes, going to the bathroom just to be able to get away from them. He thought he had won, but he was about to find out that he very much, in fact, did not win.

—•••—

Damn Michael—

What do you think about all that though? Waine being alive? There possibly being someone else involved with all this...? 👀

⁎⁺˳