Chapter 37

"Raven?" Trish repeats. Clark nods. I look at Trish, feeling her sudden sadness, "I'm so sorry," Trish chokes up and Shawn pulls her away. There's no point in crying at the kid. 

Beast slowly comes closer, "I look like the window man?" Beast glances at me, worried if that was true.

The boy nods, "He was bigger though, and he's meaner." 

Beast glances at me, wondering if he's really talking about John. "I've never seen the resemblance." In all honesty, I can see how Clark can mistake them. John does have a similar hair style as Beast's, but Beast's is darker colored and a different texture. John is about the same height, but he's built thicker. Not Beast's slimmer, more toned body structure. They kind of walk the same, a confident stride. Only Beast's confidence stems from his friends and personality, John's originated in his prominent hate and arrogance. If you didn't know them both like I did, I can see why someone would find a distant resemblance.

Beast's eyes soften, "I won't hurt you, I promise. I'm not like the window man."

Clark nods and seems to accept that. Shawn appears saying, "How'd you get here in our room all the way from Raven anyways?" I notice that Trish isn't with him.

"I don't know I just...did."

"What were you doing before?" I ask. I already have a hunch of what happened, but I need to confirm it before saying anything.

"Sleeping," he lies. I don't need super powers to catch that.

Neither does Beast apparently, "You were?" He asks.

"I was!" He shouts.

"Clark," I say softly, "It's okay, you won't get in trouble with us."

"If I tell you, will I have to go back there?"

"No," Beast replies quickly, "No, no we won't make you go back."

Clark thinks for a bit more, then finally says softly, "I jumped."

"You what?"

"I jumped," Clark answers Beast's question again.

I turn my eyes to see power, and find his to be a newer, rarer one.

"Teleportation," I say. Just as I thought.

"Really?" Shawn asks.

"I can see it now," I say, looking at my friends to check if I'm seeing right. I see Beast's dark forest green, and Shawn's clear blur. "Yes, teleportation."

"You've seen it before?" Beast asks, crossing his arms.

I think I hear a bit of...never mind I'm just reading into things too much. "Not with my own eyes, but my mother's notebooks had power colors written in them."

"You can see powers?" Clark asks astonished.

I laugh. I forget how freaky it is sometimes. I get so used to it, that I find it normal now. Wow, I never expected that to happen. I look at Clark and see he's still waiting for an answer, "Oh, yes I can."

"That's so cool," he says with a big smile. He lets go of his tight grip on his legs and moves to sit in the floor in front of me, legs folded underneath him, "What else can you do?"

"Not much," I reply.

"Yeah right," I hear Trish's voice say as she walks back into the room. "She's brilliant, and she doesn't like to show off."

"Can you shoot laser beams?"

"Not yet," I say with a smile, "But once I can, you'll be the first I tell about it."