Chapter 26

We get to the infirmary and see Shawn and Trish sitting in the lobby. Trish says right away, "They don't think it's too serious. Just a few stitches for now, and a night spent in here."

"If it isn't serious then why is he spending the night in here?" Flame asks.

"They just want to make sure he's totally okay," Shawn explains.

Flame nods, "I'm going to go check up with the staff."

"Have fun," Trish says monotoned. He walks away and I move to sit beside Shawn.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, knowing that Beast will be alright," he sits back and drums on his knees with his fingers like how Trish would.

"You really care about him, don't you?"

"He was the first person to talk to me when I came here. He's like my older brother."

I nod my head and Trish adds, "He welcomed me my first day too. I was really hostile and I didn't even want to join a group. He finally got me to stick with him, and it was actually good for me."

"I don't know what I would do without him," Shawn says, and Trish seconds him.

Flame walks back to us, "They said he can take visitors. They just finished stitching him up. He might actually be able to go back to his room."

Shawn stands up right away and walks quickly to his room, and Trish follows. I hold Flame back, just to test something. I gently pull on his right arm and he inhales sharply. Holding his shoulder he turns to me, "What are you trying to prove?"

"What are you trying to hide?"

He clenches his jaw and stares at me with irritated eyes, "Zoe. Stop. I mean it."

"What did Mole do?" 

He furrows his brow, "Mole didn't do anything."

"You met with him this morning just before practice. That's what you said."

"Doesn't mean he re-injured my shoulder."

"What did you talk about then?"

"We were talking about—" Flame stops. Dang it. He gives me a side smile, "That was close. You're getting better at talking it's almost becoming dangerous."

I almost got close to getting him to tell me what they were talking about. So close, if I hadn't rushed the truth he might have not gotten it. "You need to tell me."

"It'll come up eventually, don't worry."

"What happened to your arm then?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes."

He sighs into a light laugh, "I slept on it wrong." He turns around and starts to head to Beast's room. 

I sigh and start to walk there but I see a figure move out of the corner of my eye. I look to my left and see Marcus stranding in a doorway. He gestures for me to come over and I silently make my way to him. 

"Zoe, where are you going?" Flame asks me and I freeze.

"Bathroom," I say turning around. "I have to pee? Where is it?"

He rolls his eyes, "Down the hall."

"Thanks," I say. I watch him walk into Beast's room and I motion for Marcus to follow me. We get inside the bathroom and once I make sure no one it in here I turn to Marcus, "Hey."