Chapter 32

"No!" The book slams on the desk.

"Sir please—"

"I am done with trying to entertain your stupid theories!"

"Please, this isn't stupid. Trust me! Just five minutes and you'll—"

"I'll be convinced to send one more Omega out to be killed? To be ambushed again and die without any real proof of actually being a heretic?"

"It wasn't my fault she died. The ambushers has strict instructions not to kill Willow."

"That didn't work out very well now did it?"

"I'll admit, we went too far, but I can tell this guy is bad. I grew up with him, and I know how he works. He's up to something."

"You do understand how absurd this accusation is right? He's been here since he was six, and he's shown nothing but loyalty to this compound. In fact he has nothing but this compound to depend on."

"Until eight eyes showed up."

Immediate disapproval and annoyance is heard, "Oh don't be so hard on her. She's proving to be a tricky character, but I know she'll be a fine asset. With the right push, she'll join our cause. It's just a matter of turning the right people around her. She's just like any other follower."

"Is she?" The question lingers in the stuffy air.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means that I'm starting to see an undeniable pattern here."

The leader crosses his arms, "Please, do shed light on this pattern."

"She's showing great improvement in her abilities, yes?"

"More than we expected, correct."

"Then what's stopping her from busting out of here and going to her home compound?"

Silence sits in the air. "Nothing I can think of."

"But there has to be something yes? She wouldn't willingly stay here if she didn't have to, right?"

"Her step father kicked her out."

"No, she ran away."

"Then what's keeping her here? Please, explain."

"What kept her mom here?"

The leader thinks, "Her family. Not blood related, but her students, her teachers, her colleges."

"The people, right?"

"This girl isn't like her mother though. She hasn't seemed to make a major connection with anyone other than her group. Even that's not very solid."

"All the more reason to bring up this point. Why does she stay?"

"Because her mother went here. Hell, so did her father at one time."

"So, my dear friend, here's my reason for bringing this up again. What happens when she finds out about her mother's death? The real death."

The book falls on the ground beside the desk. It nearly disappears in the dimly lit room. "I don't know. But that's not my concern right now, Myles."

"You trust me, so I tell you to believe me now. The hot head won't die in these next two weeks, that's for sure. What isn't for sure, is how alive you will be when the truth comes out."

"Leave me. You have a mission to attend."

"Just think about it, Xavier."

"Leave, now." The door shuts leaving nothing but unsettling tension in the air.