Ch.8 The big 1 5

-Thinking out loud: Ed Sheeran

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
I wake up slowly. The first thing I notice is how quiet it is..too quiet.

I decided to lay in bed for five more minutes.

Finally getting up from the bed, I check the time on my phone.

4:00 I cringe at how early it is.

Why am I up? What woke me up?

I walk to my dresser and put on some pyjama pants.

I was currently wearing a long tee shirt and boy shorts.

Stumbling in the kitchen I grab a glass and fill it with orange juice.

I turn around and nearly piss myself.

"Ahhh" I screamed throwing my unfinished juice at a laughing Jeff.

"Your face. Oh..oh goodness" he laughs falling over on his butt crying of laughter dripping in orange juice.

Ignoring his cackling I spoke up "What are you doing up so early." I glared.

He sobers up from his laughing fit and stands up trying to hide a smile. "Making sure you weren't trying to sneak a peek at your birthday present."

"What are you..oh yeah today's my birthday" I realized.

"How do you forget your own birthday?" He asks laughing lightly and grabbing a towel to clean himself.

"Well for one its 4 in the morning, and two you just scared the bejesus out of me" I tell him smiling and shoving his arm playfully.

"Okay it was pretty funny but, i gotta respect the birthday girl." He says wrapping his arm around me and singing an off key "happy birthday"

We stayed up until it was time for me to get ready for school.

Jeff gave me his gift which was a blunt I was gonna hit later.

I was halfway out the door when I turn around and face Jeff who was lying on the couch watching workaholics.

"Hey is dad home?"

He sits up and looks at me apologetically.."Oh um dad left early."

"Oh" I reply weakly turning to leave.

"Do not fret little one, I'm sure he has plans for you later!!" Jeff says playfully throwing a pillow at me from the couch.

"Still a little birthday note or something would've been nice." I say looking outside.

I could see the bus in the distance. Getting closer by the second. I don't necessarily have neighbours. I love in a neighbourhood but my house is a bit excluded. Surrounded by trees and a long walk to the street.

"Well like I said I'm sure he'll make it up to you later, sis." Jeff assures me.

Maybe I'm overreacting, expecting too much. I mean I am only turning 15 that's not a big deal. It's not like 16, or 18. So maybe it's not important, maybe I'm the only one who cares. I thought all birthdays were special but-

"Sis, bus is here" Jeff says from right behind me.

And sure enough the bus was waiting at the road.

Strong arms wrap around me from behind.

"Love you sis, don't over think things if he doesn't make it up to you I will!"

"Now get the hell out your interrupting my alone time." He says ruffling my hair and pushing me out of the door.

"Bye! Try not to set the house on fire" I yell and take off for the bus without waiting to hear his reply.