Ch.6 Family and Summer

<Erich>

"Hey um finish this later? I'm gonna go work out"

"Oh um sure..are you okay?"

"I'm fine ill talk to you later"

"Um okay bye"

^
I did work out.

Reps, sit-ups, push-ups, weight lifting, running, walking, squats, my basic work out routine.

All of that to distract me from thinking. I don't know when I'm going to get called into battle.

I've been doing basic training for a while but I know that it's going to be hard for me and Summer.

What if we start dating and I have to leave her before going into battle.

What if we're dating and I d..

"Erich, come down for dinner" my mom knocks on my door distracting me from my thoughts.

"Be right there mom" I reply. Shaking my head to clear the negative thoughts.

I know there's a possibility that I might die..I choose not to think about it.

I throw on a shirt and head down stairs for dinner.

Sitting down at the table I look around at my family who smiled at me before proceeding in eating their food.

I ate mechanically. Vaguely aware that I was putting food in my mouth.

I glance at my mom.

Claire Köhler. My 35 year old German mother. Petite and beautiful with long blonde hair and bright green eyes. She was a perfect mother figure towards everyone. Small yet so strong and loving.

My dad Friedrich Köhler. 42 years old strong and bold. My father who I looked up to, the man I always dreamed of being like, thick German accent and an undying love of his country. His features were chiseled attractively so, he had short blonde hair and a carefully shaved moustache and beard. Blue sparkling eyes occasionally looking towards my mother with admiration in his eyes.

Lastly Drake Köhler, my 7 year old brother. Drake was a handsome child. Just like our father he had bright blue eyes and blonde hair shot through with natural brown streaks. Drake was always full of energy. In our spare time me and my father attempt to teach him American and German. As a result he has a habit of switching between the two when he's talking.

"So Erich," my dad begins to ask me a question clearing his throat before continuing "What do you plan on doing for the rest of the summer, are you interested in looking for a job?"

"Actually dad I was planning on training more, maybe get a job at the Diner we always go to" I say taking a drink of my water afterwards.

"I'm so glad I can proudly say my sons going to honour our country." My dad says looking at me proudly.

"Erich's gonna be like the men on those war movies" Drake shouts using his hands to make a pretend gun shooting at random objects around the room.

"Erich sweetly I'm extremely proud of you always remember that, now I'm sure we have time before our son grows up and leaves us old people lets cherish this moment yeah?" My mom chuckles raising her glass of water and taking a drink.

"Thanks guys I'm so glad I have you as my family and I truly will miss you all but as mother said it won't be for a while now" I say hoping that its true.

"Alright now you boys get out of here so I can clean" my mother jokes taking our finished plates into the kitchen.

"Hey mom I think I'm gonna head over to Derek's house if that's alright." I tell my mom following her into the kitchen.

"That's fine dear just don't stay out too late" she says wrapping me in a hug and kissing my forehead.

"I'll be back in a few hours" I assure her before grabbing my shoes and coat on my way out of the door.

^

"I'm telling you man your whipped" Derek says eyes fixed on the tv where he was playing GTA.

We had spent the last hour talking about Summer. It's hard to think we've only been talking for 3 days.

"No man, she's just..there's just something about her that I really like" I tell him not sure of how to put my feelings into words.

"Is it her tits or ass?" He pauses the game to look over at me.

"What, no neither, well her tits are nice but that's not the point" I say hitting him in the arm.

"Sure dude whatever" he smiles at me. "So she's hot got nice tits but lives in Mississippi..dude how are you gonna f.uck her"

"Can we not talk about my sex life" I mutter getting annoyed.

"Alright man fine but does she have any hot friends single or not I don't mind" Derek says getting back into his game.

"I heard her mention something about her friend Morgan I don't know look her up on Facebook or something" I yell over my shoulder making my way to the kitchen.

•••••••••••••••••••••
Yeah another filler deal with it. Just kidding love you guys if anyone's reading this right now.
Song of the chapter
In my head: Jason Durelo

-Oreo