Ch.4 The park

<Erich>
It was beautiful outside like my mother said.

The sun was shinning brightly,and the weather was perfect.

After we all got into the car, my mom made sure we had our seat belts on then we all decided it would be best to get ice cream before going to the park.

Mom pulled out of the drive way and they all started singing to some song on the radio.

I laughed at them and decided not to take part in my family's embarrassing karaoke, so I put my head phones in and mentally sang along to my own music.

As we drove by I saw boys running around hiding behind forts made of cardboard boxes pretending to shoot each other. It made me think back to when I was younger.

I would sit on the couch playing with my favourite toy car, watching these old army movies.

Most kids back then would try and act out the scenes in the movies as a game they played.

I just sat there in awe admiring how brave and wonderful the men were.

I respected them and wanted to be like them.

I never took part in the other kids silly games because to me it was real..to me it meant something, and I vowed that one day I would die in honour. Just like them.

I would die for my country..

"Erich"

"Erich?"

I faintly heard the sound of my name being called.

I realized it was Drake calling my name and waving his hand in front of my face frowning.

I took out my head phones and smiled at him.

"What's wrong Erich you haven't talked the whole ride..are you mad at me because mom is making you play football with me?" He asked looking upset.

I grabbed his shoulder and he looked up at me in surprise.

"Not at all I'd play football with you all the time if I could .. I've just got some stuff on my mind I guess" I replied realizing my parents were looking at me with worried looks.

I also realized we were already at the diner we always went to every week.

I turn to my parents "Im fine" I tell them.

Turning back to Drake I say "What flavour are you getting?"

"Chocolate!" He screams jumping out of the car and running into the diner.

The rest of us climbed out of the car laughing and follow him into the diner.

We made it just in time to see my brother run up to the counter and yell "I want a chocolate cone please ma'am"

I chuckled and walked toward the nearest table after asking my dad to order me a chocolate vanilla swirl.

While I was walking toward the table I saw a man rush out of the diner, bumping into a girl who looked around my age, causing her to trip.

She almost fell but I caught her.

Looking up at me the girl smiled "thank you so much" she said smiling brightly standing up straight to smooth her skirt down.

"No problem" I told her and attempted to walk toward the table I was planning on sitting at.

"I'm Rachel" she says nervously trying to start a conversation.

I turned around and saw her immediately check me out.

So in return I checked her out.

She was wearing a pink mini skirt that looked like a tutu, a leather pink headband, and pink heels, matched with a pink shirt or what do girls call those things..a blouse or whatever. Anyway she was wearing too much pink but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Erich" I told her, smirking.

"So you come here alone?" she asks me twirling her hair around her fingers. Which also had a pink stripe in it. Her hair not her fingers!

"No actually I'm here with family" I replied already getting bored.

"Oh we'll maybe I can get your number and we could come back somet.." she was cut off by a big guy walking up to her and putting his arm around her.

"Hey babe, who's this?" he asks her looking me over with an annoyed expression.

"Um..some random guy who caught me when I tripped. I don't know him" the girl said tossing her hair over her shoulder looking frightened.

"K let's go" says the guy who I'm assuming to be her boyfriend, leading her out of the diner. When they get to the door they both turn around to look at me again.

She winks, he glares.

I turn around and walk to the table where my family already sits eating their ice cream.

"Erich hurry!" My brother yells as I walk towards the table.

"Your ice cream is melting" whispers Drake staring at my cup of Ice cream as if staring at it will somehow keep it from melting.

"Don't you worry, it'll be gone before you know it" I tell him before grabbing a spoonful of Ice cream and shoving it into my mouth.

It didn't take long to finish eating and we drive over to the park after we all finished.

"Come on Erich!" Drake yells excitedly pulling me toward a vacant spot.

We start throwing the football back and forth. Then that led to him chasing after me trying to get the ball back.

Jumping on my back and tackling me to the ground.

"I got you, I got you" screams drake looking triumphant.

"Let's go again!" He says

"Woah slow down there tiger I'm gonna take a break"

By the time we sat down i was breathless.

Drake however decided to go play tag with some other kids.

Mom and dad went for a walk so I went over to where our stuff was and lay down in the grass.

It was nice outside. Warm but there would often be a cool breeze.

I noticed that everything looked so peaceful.

Kids were climbing trees, or running around on the playground, adults were sitting on the bench chatting or like my parents taking a stroll. People throwing frisbees for their dogs to catch, teenagers splashing around in the lake.

It was a perfect Summer day.

..summer..

I realized that I miss talking to her.

I decide to call her.

Unlocking my phone I scroll through my contacts until I find her name and hit the call button.

It rings..

.....and I'm sent to voice mail.

Maybe she's busy I thought.

Or ignoring me..

No that's stupid she's probably busy.

I told myself finding it hard to keep my eyes open, until I gave in and shut my eyes.

Ill rest for a bit.
••••••••••••••••••••••

Ideas? Comments? Thoughts?

Songs for the chapter

On my mind: Cody Simpson

Bewitched: Blood on the Dancefloor

A love like warOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara