21 | Luke

As much as I wanted to pick Sophie up for school, I knew I couldn't. After all that happened with her parents, I didn't want to make matters worse. After yesterday I knew we needed to play it safer, keeping things between us more hidden.

As much as I didn't want to do that and go speak with her parents, I knew that Sophie wouldn't be happy with that, she was so fearful of her parents, it worried me. How bad could they be? I knew my parents where no bundle of joy but at least I didn't live in fear.

I broke out of my train of thoughts when I noticed we had arrived at school, Michael getting out of the other seat, I quickly turned off the truck and followed. I was in a rush because I wanted to get to Sophie as quick as I could. It had only been about ten hours since I saw her but I was already missing her.

Teenagers where everywhere around the play ground and most of them ignored me and Michael, just the way we liked it.

"Hold up, she's not gonna disappear if you don't get to her on time." Michael chuckled, running to catch up with me. I was walking in front of him.

"But I need to see her." I whined, he was so slow and I didn't want to wait up for him.

"Nice to know how much you care about me. I feel like I'm being replaced, you never spend time with me anymore." He called out behind me and I turned around to see him giving me a mocking longing look.

"Oh shut up, a couple days ago you where complaining that I never socialized and here I am socializing and you still complain?" I rolled my eyes at him. He always nagged me that I was too quiet, never put myself out there and on and on and on. He was in no place to complain.

"But I miss you." He pouted, attempting to wrap his arms around my frame but I pulled out his hold.

"Michael leave me alone. People are looking at us funny." I opened the door to let us into the school.

"Fine, I'm gonna go where I'm accepted." He huffed out but I knew he was joking by the tone of his voice. I nodded as I headed towards the library, my gut telling me that my soulmate was there. He went in the other direction, probably going to meet up with the others. The hall the library was located in was pretty isolated and it was strange as the bell would ring in about five minutes.

I walked in the library and it was really quiet, then I mentally slapped myself because of course the library would be quiet. There weren't many people around but I had found the one I was looking for, so this people didn't matter one bit.

There she was, her pony tail bouncing up and down as she rearranged the books on the shelf. I walked silently and slowly, knowing that she probably already knew I was here but it didn't hurt anyone to still surprise her. I reached out my arms when I was close enough to her and wrapped them around her waist. I felt her freeze, the book she was moving stopping mid air but after a couple seconds she relaxed into my touch. I held her body closer to mine, taking in all her warmth and scent. I moved my head so it was laying on her shoulder, no words between us being spoken yet.

"Good morning babe." I softly greeted her. She put the book she was holding back onto the shelf and rested her hands above of mine. The soft texture of her palms feeling wonderful.

"Good morning Luke," she greeted me back, her voice laced with happiness but still quiet.

"I missed you." I snuggled my head on her shoulder and she giggled, letting go of my hands and moving out of my hold, immediately making me feel empty. This time it was me pouting, I knew she was ticklish there but that didn't stop me, I still needed to feel her warmth.

She laughed but covered her mouth with hands, trying to keep it muffled. The way her eyes glistened when she laughed made her look beautiful, her entire was simple but even then she was the most interesting girl to me. I looked at her intently, noticing a little beauty spot on her right ear.