15 | Luke

My heart raced faster as she looked at me through her deep green eyes, they where so beautiful. We lay on our sides, obviously me on the side that didn't have the cut, face to face only a foot of space between us.

She was tired, I could see it through her body language and that's when I thanked god again for giving me a soulmate like her. She took care of me like no other had or would and I couldn't be more luckier.

It was round about ten and an hour ago, Michael had called me and I told him the situation. Thankfully not even fifteen minutes later he had come here, bringing me clothes to sleep in, all my other essentials and another change of clothes in the morning. He was such a reliable friend.

Sophie had decided that I needed to stay the night since climbing back to her garden would be too painful for me, I didn't object since every second spent with her was golden.

After that I had changed into the tank top and basketball shorts he had bought me, it was getting colder and thank god I didn't have to be shirtless anymore in front of Sophie. I hated being shirtless in front of people since I felt like they would judge me just like they had. I hated that feeling so I avoided it as much as possible.

I doubt Sophie would judge me but I still didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable in any way. So I felt much better when I wore my black tank top, swallowing the pain while I had struggled to put it on.
Even though however my tattoos where on show and I felt like hiding them, even though I loved my tattoos, not everyone did.

In the moment however I could feel a buzz between us, no words had to be said as we looked at each other, taking one another in. Her pretty soft features suited her so well and I had just noticed a small Beauty spot under her left eyebrow, at the corner of her eye.

The rest of her family had gone to bed or where busy and that just left us two. The light was off and the lamp was on, dimming the amount of light.

She shocked me when she slowly brought up her hand and gently placed it on my side, immediately bringing the warmth with her.
She looked at me with caring eyes as her fingers gently touched the area my cut was in. Her touch lessened the agitating feeling and I'm not sure she knew what her touch was doing to me.

"Is it still sore?" She whispered.

"No, it's gotten better really quickly because of you." I told her the truth and she smiled happily. I was so shocked to find out I even had a cut there, it was by a bit of glass from the broken window earlier and I can't believe I hadn't noticed the pain or the blood. The pain was mixed in with the ache of my neck confusing me to which one was which.

I thankfully had passed out at the best time possible as it could have been critical with the amount of blood I lost but I was fine now, all due to Sophie. I owed her one for practically saving my life.

"That's really good Luke." My name rolled of her tongue perfectly and I couldn't be any happier when she said it with so much care and compassion.

Her gaze flicked down to my arm that was covered with tattoos and full on show for her to see. I felt self conscious and wanted to hide it but I also didn't want to loose her touch that I was now feeling on my arm, as she drew across the lines of the tattoos with the finger.

"I like your tattoos," she said still looking at them intently. My stomach felt fuzzy and happy that she didn't mind that most of my arm was ink covered. It wasn't everyday that people supported my decision to get them.

"Thank you." I murmured back in appreciation.

"What do they all mean?" She asked still looking at all the random designs of ink. To be honest, most of them I had gotten when I shit faced drunk and couldn't even remember my own name but I wasn't going to tell her this.