27 | Luke

We were all set. I had volunteered to drive us all back to Sophie's house, so she could get ready and we could pick up Jessie to take him out. Thank god both of her parents where off to work, which I found unusual as it was a Sunday but Sophie told me this was a normal occurrence for them.

As Sophie suggested me and Michael stayed put in the car while she left. We didn't have to wait long until I saw her locking her house door with Jessie standing next to her. He had a little minion backpack on his shoulders as he smiled fondly at the truck.

Sophie surprisingly managed to get Jessie and herself in without my assistance, but I was glad.

"Hi Michael and Luke," he beamed as Sophie strapped on his seatbelt across his chest.

"Hi Jessie," I said with a grin and Michael also greeted him.

"I am so excited to go shopping, there's so many things I want to buy." He bounced in his seat as he looked out the window.

"Oh really, what?" Michael asked him as I started driving again.

"Well Sophie promised me that we could have lunch at Rock' your Pizza and she promised me to buy me that minion ball I wanted, oh and also the massive minion balloon we seen the other day." I looked over my shoulder to see him grin as he told us with a passionate glimmer in his eyes. My gaze travelled to Sophie who sat there with a tight smile on her face.

"Why would you promise him all that?" Michael chuckled to Sophie, and I gave him a small glare. It wasn't his place to but into their business and ask irrelevant questions.

"He's been a very good boy lately," she replied calmly but I could feel how anxious she was really feeling.

We made eye contact again and her eyes showed me clearly the reason why. She must have promised Jessie all this stuff to distract him from her parents. She was such a good big sister, a sense of pride overwhelmed me. I hoped she could feel it.

~

We arrived at the shopping centre, just before twelve. We asked Jessie what he wanted to do first and of course he wanted to have lunch at his favourite pizza place. Michael obviously didn't object to the idea and Sophie thought it would be good since the place wouldn't be too busy. So it was then settled.

Lunch took us around an hour and once our stomachs where full, we all made our way to the massive Toys' R us. Michael and Jessie walked in front of me and Sophie, as we walked side by side, hand in hand.

She still didn't seem fine all at, even when we where eating lunch she still seemed a little too quiet. I moved my hands position from directly holding it to weaving my fingers through hers and giving it a tight squeeze.

"I'm here for you okay babe." I spoke so only she can hear me. I stopes walking and she followed my lead. She turned so she was now facing me. He eyes looked dim and unhappy, I hated seeing them emotions in her eyes. I wanted to make her smile for real not just this cover up fake smile she showed the world. I could see straight through it.

"I know Luke, I'm sorry for being so out of it lately." She replied and I knew she was feeling guilty but that was stupid, it was natural for her to be acting this way.

"No don't apologise, you haven't done anything wrong. Please baby, I just want to make you smile again. I know this whole thing with your parents is bothering you more than you let on but you can let it go you know. Just for now, don't think about them and have some fun." My words hopefully made her feel better.

"I don't think I can Luke," she looked at me unsurely.

"We have a whole centre to ourselves. Anything you want you can have it. Jessie's safe with Michael so we could go some different shops or something." I suggested cupping her face in my hands.