14 | Sophie

It was in the evening when I felt that buzz go off in my stomach indicating me, that Luke was near.

Earlier on I had felt a sharp pain and I knew it had something to do with him. Ever since that pain had came and went, I had been worrying non stop about him.
A bad feeling lingered in my stomach.

I quickly scrambled off my bed and rushed towards my balcony. When I reached it, I was shocked to find Luke standing there in my back yard looking a ghostly white. He looked like he was about to be sick and my heart hurt at the thought of him being unwell or hurt.

"Luke!" I called down to him after opening the windows and stepping out into the open air. His head shot up my way and he smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, there was something off.

"Come up!" I shouted but quieter this time, the last thing I needed was my parents to hear me. I was even more worried that it was nearing dinner time and that they would call me down soon.

He nodded his head and made his way up the way he would do normally but today, there was a slowness to his step and all his moves where pain filled.

He struggled his way up to the top and I could see he was trying his hardest to manage by himself but I was fine with it. I reach over and held out my hand for him to take so that he could grab hold of it, when he did the electric currents ran up my arms but I ignored them as I pulled Luke up and over the balcony gate.

"Luke what's the matter, you seem to be in pain?" I questioned him, opening the window slowly and leading him into my bedroom.
Luke however didn't reply as when he took his second step, he staggered forward, his eyes closing as he fell to the ground.

My heart froze. My mind went blank as I stared at him for a millisecond before rushing to his side. I needed to be careful and try not to make any noise at all because if my parents heard us, it would probably complicate things a hella lot more.

"Oh my gosh." I managed to squeak out. Luke's eyes flickered open but then closed again and I could see drops of sweat forming on his forehead.

What the hell was happening?
I didn't waste any time before I hauled Luke's body up, using all my strength, which was hardly any so this was really difficult for me.
I however tried my hardest and it payed off as I eventually got Luke on top of my bed.

His head lolled to the side of my pillow and I could tell he was half awake. My heart was beating so fast that I was surprised I hadn't fainted too.

I was about to rush to the bathroom to get some water when I first noticed it. On Luke's t-shirt there was a big red patch, looking so much like blood that it nearly made me sick. What had Luke been doing, to get him this injured.
I could tell that most of the blood had been covered by his jacket that I waisted no time to take off.

I nearly chocked at the sight in front of me. Most of Luke's t-shirt was covered in blood and I wondered how he hadn't noticed it.
I pushed Luke's body forward slightly so it would be easier to take of his shirt, my hands where shaking and my heart was racing.
I slowly pulled up Luke's shirt up and over his head. His chest and stomach was red with blood, covering the dark tattoos on his pale skin.

My eyes widened slightly when I saw a long cut on his side, how he had managed I get that I had no idea but I did know that he could be in big trouble if that wasn't cleaned and stitched up soon.

I put my squeamish side away that was wanting to cover my eyes and hide away. Instead I tried to be as brave as possible since this was for Luke and I would do anything for him.

I ran to the bathroom and as quick as possible found a cloth and damped it, I found the first aid kit in the cabinet and took it out.

Thank god I had one safely packed away here, Jessie was always injuring himself so we needed one in each room.