5 | Luke

I watched as slyly as I could, Michael talking to my little soulmate. It was a risky move but he insisted he would go and speak to her to see why she was alone and if she was okay. It's not that I was scared to go up to her myself... okay maybe I was, in fact I was a downright coward but Michael said he would be better at approaching her. Maybe right now but in the future I was for sure always going to be the one to have her back.

About five minutes later he came back and I felt the her gaze on our table so I looked directly ahead of me. I wonder what she was thinking. Out the corner of my I could see her looking at me and started to feel anxious, what if she could feel the bond between us? A couple seconds later her heated gaze left my body and I knew she had gone back to reading.

I let out a tiny sigh of relief before looking at Michael.

"So what did you find out? Why is she all alone?" I fired questions at him.

"Sorry I forgot to ask her why she was alone but I did find out some other stuff," he said genuinely. I knew he wasn't joking like usual because his lips where turned down into a frown.

"It's okay Michael but what did you find out?" I didn't know what I would get out of knowing more information about her, I felt like in some sort of twisted way that it would make me closer to her.

"She seems like a really sweet girl also that she's not judgemental, I asked her why she wasn't running away from me like any normal girl and she said something about looking on what's on the inside type of person. So you my friend have nothing to worry about," he said and it was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

"That's good," I said with a small smile. I was now feeling excited about meeting her for the first time. I wanted so badly to go up to her but her reaction words this whole thing was holding me back. Now though, her reaction could be positive, I just needed to hope for the best. Hope that she was accept me for being me.

~

The last two days of school flew past and then came the days I was most dreading. The weekend. At the weekend I couldn't see her, when I wanted to so badly.

Ashton was right too. I not only wanted her but I so badly needed her. It was like how a drug addict acted like if they couldn't get their high, they would crave it more and more until they cracked, making them do something illegal. I personally hadn't experienced hardcore drugs, maybe a smoke here and there but nothing too serious, I wasn't that irresponsible.

"Dude you seriously need to calm down." Michael said as he watched me pace back and forth in the living room. My body was shaking and the urge to have the touch of my soulmate was extreme. The skin of my neck where her initials where felt like it was burning. I didn't know what to do. The annoying thing was that it was Saturday morning, I literally had no self control.

"I can't Michael, I'm seriously clueless. What do I do?" I helplessly asked my best friend. He looked thoughtful for a moment before sighing.

"I don't man, we can try what we did last time." He suggested with a small smile, he was referring to last weekend when him and Ashton had spent the two whole days trying to distract me with random stuff. It took my mind of her for about five minutes before I started to think about her again.

"No that was useless," I said a look of hurt flashed over Michael's face. Dammit Luke you selfish idiot. He was trying so hard and I wasn't making anything easier for him being a jerk.

"I'm sorry Michael," I said quietly and he nodded silently. Damn, I hated it when he acted all silent and shit, being his best friend I knew that he only did that when he was hurt or sad, which wasn't very often so right now was a big deal.